Google Assist on Dish - Horrible!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ɢɨռǟ ֆᏆǟʀᏆʊք

Original poster
Mar 2, 2020
NY
I hate the google assist vs the original search. Prior to google assist update it always found what I was looking for. Google assist almost never finds appropriate search. Today I asked in every way Forensic Files 2 on Headline news on dish you name it I tried every possible way and all it gave me is the original Forensic Files. Finally gave up and went to the channel on guide and just scrolled through for about 5 minutes till it came up and I hit record series. HATE google assist!!! Anyway to turn it off??

• Sad
Reactions: wormil and TheKrell
I hate the google assist vs the original search. Prior to google assist update it always found what I was looking for. Google assist almost never finds appropriate search. Today I asked in every way Forensic Files 2 on Headline news on dish you name it I tried every possible way and all it gave me is the original Forensic Files. Finally gave up and went to the channel on guide and just scrolled through for about 5 minutes till it came up and I hit record series. HATE google assist!!! Anyway to turn it off??
I did Forensic Files "eye eye" instead of Forensic Files "2" and it pulled it up. Sometimes you have to think outside the box. If you look at how it's written, it's not with the number 2, it's with Roman Numeral 2, which is II or "eye eye"

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Prepare for a dogpile of Google shills ...

Yeah G-Ass search only works about 1/5 times, if that, and even then it usually takes me several tries to get the syntax. They should have given us a choice or at least tested it.
Works every time for me, (Except local channels - since they're different in every market). I must be smarter than the remote

Reactions: joewhite57
Works well sometimes, doesn't work very well other times (no rhyme nor reason why). At the time of its replacement, the original voice remote feature worked well all the time. I never once had a customer complain about the original voice remote feature. I don't get a lot of complaints now but have had several. Hopefully, the bugs will eventually be worked out.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The think that is a great descriptor of the bugs being worked out. I’ll be the first to admit when it first launched, it sucked, but like most new products, just needs time to see where the faults are for correction. I like how much better it is now, and actually have come to prefer it over the previous model, once adjusted and know how to search for stuff.

Reactions: bspei
I gave up on voice search and went back to text search. It works very well. I usually type a few letters and what I want pops up. Just press the search button on the remote and say "stop sharing information" and that will turn off Google, then go to remote settings and change the voice button setting to text search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)