Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

I've started using it more now that they've added a TON of new content there. For example I found that in the news section I have access to other local news channels, which is kinda neat. Could have watched the news in San Diego as the tropical storm hit if I'd known about it last week. Have also been going through and favoriting a couple channels, like the Star Trek channel and a couple others.

Don't watch much traditional TV, but have watched a little more because of the content surfaced in the guide.

Don't watch much traditional TV, but have watched a little more because of the content surfaced in the guide.
As I have posted many times before, I still watch shows from Traditional Providers/Broadcasters/Cable Channels.

But I am only watching them on the streaming services, like FBI on CBS , watch it on Paramount+ for the much better 1080P picture and Dolby Digital + sound.

Or the new Justified on FX, I will watch it on Hulu since it is in 4K there.

I am absolutely spoiled by the better video/sound via streaming.

Amazon is expanding on the data-driven Next Gen Stats optional game feed it had for it's broadcasts. Wonder if/when we'll see some of these innovations coming to optional feeds on NFLST. Some neat stuff, I enjoyed watching these last year and looking forward to how they continue to innovate on it.

Defensive Alerts​

What if we said that AI can predict blitzes? Defensive Alerts is Amazon’s in-house ML neural network that recognizes when defensive players are about to rush the opposing quarterback. A red orb will appear around the players of interest so fans know exactly who to focus on.​
“It’s able to look at all players XY coordinate data, their relationship to each other, as well as their acceleration; where are they moving and how fast are they moving directionally to predict who’s going to blitz,” explained Sam Schwartzstein, TNF Analytics Expert at Prime Video.​
The ML model was trained on 35,000 plays and will continue to get smarter, Schwartzstein told TechCrunch, adding that it’s identifying blitzes and situations better than offensive linemen. He also said the team has a panel of NFL experts who are former quarterbacks, coaches and offensive linemen that help annotate the plays.​
“Having this as an in-house neural network can only expand the kind of features that we can do in the future,” he said.​

Prime Targets​

Prime Targets (featured in the first image at the very top of the page) works similarly in that a green orb will light up a player that is open for a pass. The feature automatically tracks when a quarterback drops back to get ready to throw a pass, and the receiver (lit up by the green orb) runs out and creates separation from himself and the defenders.​
This feature was previously called Open Receiver, which tracked which players would most likely convert the first down. Amazon tested it during last season’s games.​
“This is the first statistic that is measuring the process of the play,” Schwartzstein noted. “Everything that we do on Prime Vision is predictive… This is all in real-time.”​

Four Down Territory​

Amazon is also launching a feature that may help fans understand how fourth-down decisions are made while potentially helping teams prepare for fourth downs.​
The four down territory is an area on the field that offensive players use in an attempt to tie or win the game. Historically, coaches usually opt to punt the ball away since it feels less risky. However, as years go by, more and more teams are going for the fourth-down conversion.​
Instead of putting analytics on the screen after the play happened, Four Down Territory operates like a real NFL analytics coordinator does; it shows viewers exactly when a team should try a fourth down and what the probability is.​

Field Goal Target Zones​

NFL fans are accustomed to seeing field goal target lines on broadcasts—the digital line that appears at the end of half or end of the game, where if a team gets to it, they can kick a field goal. Amazon’s Field Goal Target Zones feature will have multiple lines on the screen that tell viewers the likelihood that a kicker will make a field goal at each point.​

Key Plays​

Key Plays gives fans the ability to view in-game highlights and critical moments, whether they’re already watching the game live or streaming on demand afterward. Much like Rapid Recap ensures fans never miss the action, Key Plays leverages AI and machine learning to offer viewers a full rundown of what’s happening on the field.​

Amazon is expanding on the data-driven Next Gen Stats optional game feed it had for it's broadcasts. Wonder if/when we'll see some of these innovations coming to optional feeds on NFLST. Some neat stuff, I enjoyed watching these last year and looking forward to how they continue to innovate on it.

Defensive Alerts​

What if we said that AI can predict blitzes? Defensive Alerts is Amazon’s in-house ML neural network that recognizes when defensive players are about to rush the opposing quarterback. A red orb will appear around the players of interest so fans know exactly who to focus on.​
“It’s able to look at all players XY coordinate data, their relationship to each other, as well as their acceleration; where are they moving and how fast are they moving directionally to predict who’s going to blitz,” explained Sam Schwartzstein, TNF Analytics Expert at Prime Video.​
The ML model was trained on 35,000 plays and will continue to get smarter, Schwartzstein told TechCrunch, adding that it’s identifying blitzes and situations better than offensive linemen. He also said the team has a panel of NFL experts who are former quarterbacks, coaches and offensive linemen that help annotate the plays.​
“Having this as an in-house neural network can only expand the kind of features that we can do in the future,” he said.​

Prime Targets​

Prime Targets (featured in the first image at the very top of the page) works similarly in that a green orb will light up a player that is open for a pass. The feature automatically tracks when a quarterback drops back to get ready to throw a pass, and the receiver (lit up by the green orb) runs out and creates separation from himself and the defenders.​
This feature was previously called Open Receiver, which tracked which players would most likely convert the first down. Amazon tested it during last season’s games.​
“This is the first statistic that is measuring the process of the play,” Schwartzstein noted. “Everything that we do on Prime Vision is predictive… This is all in real-time.”​

Four Down Territory​

Amazon is also launching a feature that may help fans understand how fourth-down decisions are made while potentially helping teams prepare for fourth downs.​
The four down territory is an area on the field that offensive players use in an attempt to tie or win the game. Historically, coaches usually opt to punt the ball away since it feels less risky. However, as years go by, more and more teams are going for the fourth-down conversion.​
Instead of putting analytics on the screen after the play happened, Four Down Territory operates like a real NFL analytics coordinator does; it shows viewers exactly when a team should try a fourth down and what the probability is.​

Field Goal Target Zones​

NFL fans are accustomed to seeing field goal target lines on broadcasts—the digital line that appears at the end of half or end of the game, where if a team gets to it, they can kick a field goal. Amazon’s Field Goal Target Zones feature will have multiple lines on the screen that tell viewers the likelihood that a kicker will make a field goal at each point.​

Key Plays​

Key Plays gives fans the ability to view in-game highlights and critical moments, whether they’re already watching the game live or streaming on demand afterward. Much like Rapid Recap ensures fans never miss the action, Key Plays leverages AI and machine learning to offer viewers a full rundown of what’s happening on the field.​

NFLST is just the feeds they are not producing the games like amazon is

NFLST is just the feeds they are not producing the games like amazon is

Doesn't mean there's no room for innovation. For example Youtube is providing stats, real time clips, etc integrated with the streams year 1. Those are part of the product, independent of who is producing the games.

Amazon's Next Gen Stats are already part of every single game and used by broadcasters. I wouldn't be surprised if the presentation elements leveraging AI that they're deploying this year could become a product to be leveraged by other broadcasters for use in their products or presentation.

Doesn't mean there's no room for innovation. For example Youtube is providing stats, real time clips, etc integrated with the streams year 1. Those are part of the product, independent of who is producing the games.

Amazon's Next Gen Stats are already part of every single game and used by broadcasters. I wouldn't be surprised if the presentation elements leveraging AI that they're deploying this year could become a product to be leveraged by other broadcasters for use in their products or presentation.
Unfortunately, they are major distractions to the actual GAME ....
Hopefully all that extra stuff will be on a separate channel.

Reactions: Bobby
Unfortunately, they are major distractions to the actual GAME ....
Hopefully all that extra stuff will be on a separate channel.

It is. Another perk of not being with a provider with limited bandwidth options. There were 3-5 optional broadcasts almost every week for the Amazon broadcast games last season iirc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izSKtt2EdSg

Speaking of Amazon’s TNF, just announced they will be in 1080P HDR.

So just like the Fox games, which are really 1080P then unconverted to 4K.

Reactions: Ronnie- and Bobby
Well, I bought the Sunday Ticket back in May or June, discounted ...

I got a new Samsung 23+ (Verizon) a few weeks ago ... then was told that I get Free ST for the year ...

Will Google/You tube refund me or credit me for next year, or is it tough luck ??? (I'm thinking the latter)

Do I try to contact Google or You tube ?

Last edited:
Well, I bought the Sunday Ticket back in May or June, discounted ...

I got a new Samsung 23+ (Verizon) a few weeks ago ... then was told that I get Free ST for the year ...

Will Google/You tube refund me or credit me for next year, or is it tough luck ??? (I'm thinking the latter)

Do I try to contact Google or You tube ?
Well, I guess well see if this all worked ..
I did a Chat with Google to inquire about a refund so I could get the Verizon deal ...
The guy took a few minutes and came back and said, he refunded my money back to my card on file (apparently, didn't know it WAS on File) ...
Told him that Verizon couldn't activate it today when I was there, said thats because I already had the service ...

SO ... tomorrow I'll look into this and try to confirm that I will get it from Verizon this year.
Hoping it works or I just lost my early bird ST discount.

I did a Chat with Google to inquire about a refund so I could get the Verizon deal ...
The guy took a few minutes and came back and said, he refunded my money back to my card on file (apparently, didn't know it WAS on File) ...
Told him that Verizon couldn't activate it today when I was there, said thats because I already had the service ...

SO ... tomorrow I'll look into this and try to confirm that I will get it from Verizon this year.
Since it takes 3-5 days for a charge to be refunded on a credit card, I would wait until Tuesday or Wednesday, do not know if that will affect Google or not.

Since it takes 3-5 days for a charge to be refunded on a credit card, I would wait until Tuesday or Wednesday, do not know if that will affect Google or not.
Good idea ...

This morning, I can see that its coming, so I think I'm good.

GOOGLE *YT Primetime g.co/helppay#US
Amount
-$376.05
Pending
Date
Aug 25, 2023

That was VERY easy to do, no hassle or issues at all. :)

Now, Verizon Better come thru.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Yes are cards are on file. I read the terms and its a auto renewal.

Reactions: Jimbo
Good idea ...

This morning, I can see that its coming, so I think I'm good.

GOOGLE *YT Primetime g.co/helppay#US
Amount
-$376.05
Pending
Date
Aug 25, 2023

That was VERY easy to do, no hassle or issues at all. :)

Now, Verizon Better come thru.
So far, Verizon is dropping the ball.
Says wait till Sept 10, log in ... I want to KNOW it works

If they have 5 million people trying to log in at the last minute to turn service on, there will be mass issues.

I went from Knowing I had the ST taken care of, to No Confidence in having if for Game 1.

Just wanted to report that the Sunday Ticket test games worked well this afternoon. I was able to get them on both the YouTube and YouTube TV apps even though I only subscribed to the YouTube only plan. Multi view also worked.

Reactions: Jimbo
So far, Verizon is dropping the ball.
Says wait till Sept 10, log in ... I want to KNOW it works

If they have 5 million people trying to log in at the last minute to turn service on, there will be mass issues.

I went from Knowing I had the ST taken care of, to No Confidence in having if for Game 1.
These people are having issues also-

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/15o7wf9/sunday_ticketcustomer_service_question/

This is why I do not fall for these types of offers, I hear/read all the time about people saying they get free Disney+/Hulu/whatever, yet their bills are close to $100-up a month.

I pay $25 a month for unlimited service, have a Samsung Galaxy 23 that came with 3 months of service, it was $129 total.

These people are having issues also-

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/15o7wf9/sunday_ticketcustomer_service_question/

This is why I do not fall for these types of offers, I hear/read all the time about people saying they get free Disney+/Hulu/whatever, yet their bills are close to $100-up a month.

I pay $25 a month for unlimited service, have a Samsung Galaxy 23 that came with 3 months of service, it was $129 total.

So far everything they have said, has happened to me .... everything EXCEPT getting this resolved.

Don't really know what my next step is with this issue ... other than Wait till next Friday (1 week from game time) and call back. UGH