Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Plus the 500,000 new YTTV subscribers, which is better then the average 500,000 subs DirecTV was losing about every quarter during the last five years it had ST.
It will be interesting to see what the numbers look like come, say March/April once we have a chance to see how many of those KEEP YTTV after the NFL Season is over.

I am sure there will be a number of those that stay, but I'm gonna guess that a good number will leave (and potentially sign up again next year).

Im gonna guess, that if those people were Looking for a new service for everyday TV, they may stick with the service, but if it was really Just for the NFL, most will leave.

That's was the final year...
Show me where it says that.
there are others here that put the expected participation rate about 2 million...
That was based on some blogger, it was never confirmed.

Also the Google number did not come from them, it was just a survey.

So we still do not know.
at the end of the day..high cost did doom pay TV in general..
Yes it did
and relocating pay TV to another delivery method does not seem to be the golden ticket...
That is a unknown, it took DirecTV 6 years to be become profitable, Dish 9 years, same timeframe for Netflix and Amazon, why does some believe it should be faster for streaming?

example-
Disney+ started in November 2019, they expect to go profitable in Sept 2024, a tad less then 5 years.

Paramount+ would have been profitable this year, except that took that charge back/loss on the books for tax purposes ($1.7 Billion), in closing down/changing Showtime.
as far as youtube tv...no contract..those customers can cancel at will..so there may not be a long term benefit.
Yet they are the only paid Live TV Service that continues to show growth, how are all those providers that require a contract doing now?

...directv atleast was smart enough to require a 2 year contract
DirecTV has lost over 13 million subscribers in the last 6-7 years and their profits are now shrinking by $800 million ( at least) every six months, at that rate, they will be unprofitable in 2.5 years.

It has been reported that AT&T has lost billions on their purchase of DirecTV.

And you think that is good?

It will be interesting to see what the numbers look like come, say March/April once we have a chance to see how many of those KEEP YTTV after the NFL Season is over.

I am sure there will be a number of those that stay, but I'm gonna guess that a good number will leave (and potentially sign up again next year).

Im gonna guess, that if those people were Looking for a new service for everyday TV, they may stick with the service, but if it was really Just for the NFL, most will leave.
If they want Live TV, it is likely they will stay.

What other options are out there, go to DirecTV or any other service and basically pay about $40-50 more a month at least.

Again, YTTV has grown in subscribers every quarter since it started, but unfortunately, their gains ( and that of the other Live TV streamers) have not matched Traditional Providers losses.

YTTV is actually a great service for Live TV, everything is in 1080P/Dolby Digital+, the most popular channels, unlimited DVR, can use in 3 different rooms, all for $73 a month.

For $10 more, unlimited rooms and the most 4K of all the Live TV Providers.

Some of this is built into the model and isn't apples and oranges when compared to traditional services losing customers because of different customer acquisition costs. This and the hardware requirements are largely why traditional providers require a contract.

It's on them to curb attrition, I've had it for years but as our habits change we'll be seriously reconsidering our subscription after the season is over. If the value proposition remains then we'll be back next fall.

Some of this is built into the model and isn't apples and oranges when compared to traditional services losing customers because of different customer acquisition costs. This and the hardware requirements are largely why traditional providers require a contract.

It's on them to curb attrition, I've had it for years but as our habits change we'll be seriously reconsidering our subscription after the season is over. If the value proposition remains then we'll be back next fall.
More likely, I will be like most, when the NFL Season is over, I'll cancel YT (not really a cancel, seeing it just won't be on) and pick it back up next Sept. (hopefully they will have a discount again)

“We are already above where it was last year, we are the highest, we’re not releasing the number, we’re the highest subscription I think we’ve seen in five years,” Rolapp said. “So it’s been really successful. So when you measure by subscribers, but probably not more importantly, the fan reaction is great. So we were really happy.”

Reactions: ncted
Directv is sure advertising “Sports Central” as more or less a Sunday ticket alternative.

Which it obviously is not.

Wonder how many get burned by it simply because of their past association with Sunday Ticket ?

Wonder how many get burned by it simply because of their past association with Sunday Ticket ?
Based on the subscription numbers I get at work, not many.

Look at it this way, from 2017-2022, DirecTV Satellite lost about 12 million subscribers, that was with having ST, fake having it is not going to help.

YouTube and YouTube TV announced a special NFL Sunday Ticket deal for Black Friday today.

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan monthly subscription:

NFL Sunday Ticket add-on will be : Four payments of $22.25/mo, or $89 for the remainder of the regular season

NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone together will be: Four payments of $27.25/mo, or $109 for the remainder of the regular season

For Primetime Channels users:

Standalone NFL Sunday Ticket will be: Four payments of $34.75/mo, or $139 for the remainder of the regular season

NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone together will be: Four payments of $39.75/mo, or $159 for the remainder of the regular season

You can find this NFL Sunday Ticket offer HERE.

Reactions: ncted
Today, the Streaming is about :30 seconds behind Network, at least for the game I am watching, I presume all games are the same ...
I think this was the thread we were discussing this in.

I presume all games are the same

Unlikely, in my experience much of the delay I find is locally with your device and connection and the time it takes to receive, buffer and render. Just like other methods (cable/sat), they're just more consistent.

Multiview helps illustrate a lot of this w/ Red Zone, as it can show the different latencies between broadcasts and their combined presentation.

Is there a delay? Absolutely. Does it matter? Not to most unless they're given a frame of reference to make it matter (refreshing social media and commentating in real time, have multiple displays up, etc).

Unlikely, in my experience much of the delay I find is locally with your device and connection and the time it takes to receive, buffer and render. Just like other methods (cable/sat), they're just more consistent.

Multiview helps illustrate a lot of this w/ Red Zone, as it can show the different latencies between broadcasts and their combined presentation.

Is there a delay? Absolutely. Does it matter? Not to most unless they're given a frame of reference to make it matter (refreshing social media and commentating in real time, have multiple displays up, etc).
You can believe whatever you want ....

I'm sitting here watching the Denver /Houston game on my Desktop computer monitor on YTTV ...
They went to the same game on TV (Local channel had the Steelers game on, but went into a weather delay, so they went to the Houston game) I'm looking at that on both (That was earlier) and the TV was at least 30 seconds ahead. about a play and a half was the time frame.

So, in this case, NO Streaming is NOT ahead of the network.

What makes you think the people devices cause that ?

In my case, the device, (my Sony TV) is ahead of my desktop computer ...
My TV is wireless while the desktop is wired, so That makes No sense.

What makes you think the people devices cause that ?

Because you can often see it, by changing quality, hard refreshing your browser, etc. It's how those devices work. It's much more variable than the more consistent sat / cable connection, and changes based on your own congestion both from your ISP and your network, your browser (be it on a desktop or on a streaming device), etc.

We've always been told that Streaming is ahead ... at least thats what we have heard in these threads previously.

That is exactly what You said in your previous post.
If you think you read that you should read it again. I never said that and have never said streaming would/should/is faster than anything as vague as you specified (in this case 'network'). Closest I've seen to this is at a bar seeing the YTTV feed ahead of thier feed once, but not familiar with how that stuff works either in theory or specific to that location so would only be speculating as to why.

I have always found that OTA is fastest followed by cable, satellite, and streaming in that order, fastest to slowest.
Yup, as dictated by the layers of technology at work for the distribution at each level and the consistency in their delivery.