Gosh I feel sorry for Wilt on Yahoo forum!

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I just joined Yahoo Voom forum. Seems like Poor Wilt is a main member there. That guy is awesome, However it is lime a rock star being on his own forum. Every problem is directed at him and lots of them could be fixed or answered by just doing a search in the same forums for answer.
But good guy Wilt hangs in there and answers everyone.
Just awesome.

Sean, you should invite Wilt here so he can be on a real forum!.
Just kidding, Im sure the loyar Voomers on Yahoo are a good buch as well.

But I will stay here and donate to the best!

We have been trying but I understand if he doesn't want to deal with multiple forums. I know he would get less whining here.

Wilt is a Voom engineer, and thus the focus of technical problems. DragonladyMom is a Voom CSR person, and thus the focus of a lot of customer service complaints. Wilt has said in the past that he prefers the Yahoo list for some inexplicable reason. Personally, I think they are crap.

Personally I dont like the yahoo format. Nerver did....this is the best VOOM forum out there. No doubt.

This is definitely the best Voom forum and I hate Yahoo Groups too. However, I do want to get Wilt's attention so I e-mail him when I need something.

The two times I've e-mailed him, nothing positive has come out of the situation (so far as I know.) The first was to get a larger dish before my first install. That didn't end up happening. The second time I e-mailed him (it was recently) I asked him about the data rates and compression and poor picture quality and he basically told me that it was my receiver and that everybody else was happy with the picture quality so I should be too. He even went as far as saying that their picture quality is as good as or better than Dish Network's picture :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. :no He said he'd set up a "service call" for me to get my receiver switched out. I don't know what the next step of the process is, but I haven't been contacted yet.

It's obvious that their picture quality sucks worse than Dish Networks. Why say otherwise just to make your company "look" better? I mean, just take a look at Spiderman on HBOHW right now. I haven't seen this much macroblocking on OTA channels with 2 sub-channels. Pitiful.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Walt's credibility is not that great. His unwillingness to participate here only adds to my reservations towards him.

ChetK said:
This is definitely the best Voom forum and I hate Yahoo Groups too. However, I do want to get Wilt's attention so I e-mail him when I need something.

The two times I've e-mailed him, nothing positive has come out of the situation (so far as I know.) The first was to get a larger dish before my first install. That didn't end up happening. The second time I e-mailed him (it was recently) I asked him about the data rates and compression and poor picture quality and he basically told me that it was my receiver and that everybody else was happy with the picture quality so I should be too. He even went as far as saying that their picture quality is as good as or better than Dish Network's picture :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. :no He said he'd set up a "service call" for me to get my receiver switched out. I don't know what the next step of the process is, but I haven't been contacted yet.

It's obvious that their picture quality sucks worse than Dish Networks. Why say otherwise just to make your company "look" better? I mean, just take a look at Spiderman on HBOHW right now. I haven't seen this much macroblocking on OTA channels with 2 sub-channels. Pitiful.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Walt's credibility is not that great. His unwillingness to participate here only adds to my reservations towards him.

Walt would clearly get the same amount of whining here.

ChetK said:
>This is definitely the best Voom forum and I hate Yahoo Groups too.

Agreed

>So, as far as I'm concerned, Walt's credibility is not that great. His unwillingness to participate here only adds to my reservations towards him.

Geeze. Don't you think that's his call and not yours? I'd rather he was here than at Yahoo, but if Yahoo is more convenient for him, what are we gonna do? Seems to me he even monitors it on Sunday. What more is he supposed to do? Should he hang out here, AVS, Yahoo, etc., or should he work? I think the vast majority of people would strongly disagree with your assessment of his credibility and willingness to help. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)