Got 6 months for 30 bucks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh I won't, haven't yet.On the plus side winter reception will be much better.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

OK, I give. Why is winter reception "much better"?

I haven't had service in the Winter yet but I'm assuming that would be because the leaves are off the trees. I have occasional random dropouts but they are very rare on the roads I normally drive.

However, there is one exception. I have one spot on my way to and from work where huge trees coming from both sides of the road completely block out the sky. Without fail, my signal drops out every single time I drive through this spot. I'm only talking about 1-2 seconds of dropout but I know exactly when it will happen every day.

I live on a rural road with trees hanging over almost the entire way but only one spot is thick enough to block the signal. If Teehar lives somewhere where the tree cover is that thick in many places I could see how that would get annoying. I'm assuming that once the leaves fall off this Winter I might even be able to get through this one bad spot without dropouts. That is if the snow on top of my car won't mess with the signal.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thks for input King3pj, I don't care about howard or the sports cause I'm kinda impressed with all the various music selections and being an older music buff like a lot of the retro and specials. What I gather from the replies I have to be carefull with the package I sign up for with XM. ( Make sure I get all what I want!!! ) :music I will keep you all posted as this unfolds. Regards :music

Thks for input King3pj, I don't care about howard or the sports cause I'm kinda impressed with all the various music selections and being an older music buff like a lot of the retro and specials. What I gather from the replies I have to be carefull with the package I sign up for with XM. ( Make sure I get all what I want!!! ) :music I will keep you all posted as this unfolds. Regards :music

Unless things are different in Canada you will have no trouble getting the music. All the music channels come with the standard XM select package they offer for $30 for 6 months.

When your free trial is almost over, you should get an email offer for either 5 months for $25 or 6 months for $30. Don't pay full price.

Yup; just got yet another letter today offering me 5 for $25. Wish they would do the same deal for Mostly Music.

Dealing with this company is almost always a headache-I've been a sub on and off since 2003. The last time I re-signed up I got the $25 for 6 months deal and had access to all channels my primitive Sirius radio could get. I want to listen to my college team's football games and they are only on Sirius for some reason. I was so unhappy with the sound quality on music and talk that I gave up on sat for my car. I went out and bought the only Sirius radio-the Stratus 7-which appears to be a big downgrade from the Sportster 4 that was stolen out of my truck a couple years ago. NFL and college sports trump the other considerations for me though, since I mostly listen on the weekends and have aux in for my iPod music (replaced the sat input on my Mazda with aux in.)

They have this third band now, called SiriusXM, which is basically the XM band but with more channels. This is what the Onyx uses, which I would much rather have if the comments about XM-band sound quality superiority are true. Too bad they don't put all the college games on both systems. It's too bad that the SQ has been degraded to provide so many specialized channels (I'm looking at you, rock and pop genres.) FM quality NPR and Maxim radio were a real selling point for Sirius for a long time.

Reactions: TheKrell
I never had a Mostly Music sub, but the last time a gal had me on the phone, they refused to do squat. Their promtional price is only good on Select. SiriusXM left money on the table...

Called and said I did not want to be auto charged the 200 + dollars and is there anything they could do...

Got the all access for 6 months for $40 as I still had about a month or so left on my current deal...they pro rated and added it to my new deal which is why it was $40...can't beat that

-Ash-

I am a bit jealous of those of you who still get the deals. i still suspect it is based on demographics. I am not complaining. they have a right to market their producr ro whomever they choose.

only time I ever had a sirus/xm radio sub was when I bought a new dodge ram in 2006 and then again in 2008 when I traded that in for a new dodge ram.
even then I did not pay for it was include with the truck and both times it only lasted a year.

Last edited:
Well I just got a stratus 7 for $30. Installed it on my Jeep Patriot via AUX port and everything coverage wise seems fine. I'm in Puerto Rico and we get limited Sirius coverage with ground transmitters in the metro area which is where I commute mostly. I called to activate and got the $15 fee waived and subbed to mostly music for $10. A few hours I called again to see if I could get a better deal and got Sirius Select for 1 year for $95, it isn't as low as the offers I've seen here but the rep at the time said it was the best he could do.

Just opened my mail. Got an offer for 140+ channels, 5 months for $20. Going directly into my blue recycle barrel... :)

Just opened my mail. Got an offer for 140+ channels, 5 months for $20. Going directly into my blue recycle barrel... :)
I would take them up on that.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I've had xm for about ten years,gonna let it expire,getting to expensive,and the WORST part of the whole thing is their service reps.Try to talk to those guys is to much for me,it would be nice if they spoke ENGLISH.It's not as good as it use to be anyway.Good bye XM.

I got all access last week for my car where the month trial ended on the 8th. I said I got an email but just read the thread $59.01 after tax for 6 months

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I got the same deal for my car also can use my phone hooked up to my stereo system in the house! My wife wants it in her car also but don't know if I will have her call an get the cheaper deal or see how much to add to my account? Any ideas on which 1 would be cheaper?

My 5 month/$25 deal was set to run out an about a week. i just called to cancel and see what I could get. Was offered the same deal but I asked for an All Access. I ended up with All Access, traffic link (whatever that is called, the NAV screen show red/yellow/green) and internet total with all taxes for 6 months was $64.50. Great rep named Marcus.

Sadly, after over 10 years, I quit. It is so frustrating trying to get technical support. Besides that, the sound quality is fair but should be substantially better. It is hilarious to hear the song by Steve Miller called "Abracadabra". Towards the end, there is a rhythmic play with different sounds coming at each other from each channel. Sadly, it seems XM only has one of those channels, so you only hear half of the sound effect which makes it sound horrible. I still have Pandora, iHeartRadio (with Casey Kasem), and Amazon Prime music. Maybe some day SiriusXM will step up their quality of sound and support to at least be equal to the free options...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts