Got a C-Band dish...now some questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It spiked to 76 last night...then it started raining and it jumped from 60-72. Still much better than 30 :)

Wood Decks expand & contract a little with rain and sometimes that is ALL it takes to make or break the signal on a C-band dish. >>>>> IMHO >>> LOL :devil:
OR maybe your house is SINKING >>>> LOL >>>> or not.....
BryanSR

Bryan
Its on top of an old wooden spool due to the LOS issue. The spool is very old and can flex a little bit. We have had strong East winds all weekend so it probably shifted a little bit. Plus the rain we got soaked into the sandbag and could have shifted it

Iceberg,
Awesome to see you getting such good signals, even tho your dish is too small to work ;-) I will be hooking up my 6'er in the upcoming weeks, now that we have finally completely thawed out, and look forward to comparing signal strengths with you.
Great thread and great work.

G4 is pretty wacky for signals

Nets-72
Some Spanish channel in 4:2:2-65
WB feeds in 4:2:2-90

But then we get to other channels on same satellite (heck same polarity)

Reformation Channel-nada
NBC Casper-zippo
KCHF (NM church channel)-nothing. Was at 45 when I first started (and nets were 30) but as I moved the dish east the quality went kaput

Iceberg said:

Nets-72

Reformation Channel-nada
NBC Casper-zippo
KCHF (NM church channel)-nothing. Was at 45 when I first started (and nets were 30) but as I moved the dish east the quality went kaput

ice
i am not able to pull the casper station in on my 8.5' dish either. haven't tried the reformation channel.:)

Iceberg said:

Nets-72

Reformation Channel-nada
NBC Casper-zippo

I've noticed the same thing. If I move the dish a few clicks, I lose the nets but get other channels. My problem is that I am getting signals from IA5, G4 and AMC4 within a few clicks. For example, I can get the Analog signals with a few sparkles for World Harvest TV and Shepherds Chapel Network on G4 and ABC East feed IA5, and the digital Cornerstone TV on AMC4. I'm trying to fine tune my elevation and declination to take care of this.

It's nice having the networks.

I think ABC East moved to IA8

If I go to far west, I get Cornerstone but lose the nets and if I go too far east I lose the church chanel on digital but nets are really high

I think I'll leave the dish where it is right now :)

Either my dish moved or the signal strength dropped, but my networks dropped below 30% :mad: Hopefully, I can fine tune everything on Saturday.

I'm making progress. Turns out my declination was way off. I got out the liquid wrench and went to work adjusting my elevation and declination. I just got AMC6 to come in. I wanted the Pennsylvania Cable Network to watch PIAA high school sports events that they show from time to time.

last night I turned on G4 nets to see the signal UP to 76-78 with a quick spike to 80!!

I don't know what happened and why it use to only get a spike of 47 and now were up to almost 80

Its kinda funny.....considering I was told that a 6 foot dish would give me "marginal" results and "really won't work consistantly" today gave me a shocker..

Turned on the nets and...... SOLID 80-85 with a Peak at 90 (!!!!)

so I guess this old 6 footer is working just like I intended :) I think PSB's is too.

Running at around 80% signal quiality here!

I LOVE it when the "EXPERTS" say "It will not work"

Its almost as if they do not want it to work :)

I am "only" getting a 90 sq (using the satworks as a base line -the pansats max) on those with my 10' perf dish. Very impressive results you are getting with those 6' dishs, considering that they wont work.

I use a stationary 7 ft dish and lnbf c-band My dish was set for regular c-band by an installer and work fine for that. My dvb signal on g4 would come and go with the weather. 2 days ago (Friday) I adjusted back and forth up and down to no avail and decided to adjust scalor rings. Moved about 1 1/2 inches towards dish, had a signal in the high 80's low 90's.

Since it was setup by an installer I thought scalor rings were set right and didn't want to mess it up. Well I made marks on old settings and went for it. Hoping all the time I wouldn't make it worse or loose signal altogether like I've done when adjusting smaller ku dishes.

jgbayless said:
Since it was setup by an installer I thought scalor rings were set right and didn't want to mess it up. Well I made marks on old settings and went for it. Hoping all the time I wouldn't make it worse or loose signal altogether like I've done when adjusting smaller ku dishes.

Did you move the scalar ring , feedhorn or both ?

Wyr

jgbayless said:
I use a stationary 7 ft dish and lnbf c-band My dish was set for regular c-band by an installer and work fine for that. My dvb signal on g4 would come and go with the weather. 2 days ago (Friday) I adjusted back and forth up and down to no avail and decided to adjust scalor rings. Moved about 1 1/2 inches towards dish, had a signal in the high 80's low 90's.

Thats just it, never think there is not room for improvements. There are probably many a good system out there that just need a slight tweak, and what a difference it can make

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts