Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
My wife has been having trouble with her cell phone for a few weeks now, so today while I was setting up for tonights SatelliteGuys Family Fun night she told me she needed to run to the store.

She was gone for about an hour and came back with an AT&T bag in her hand smiling. In it was a brand new 32 GB Black iPhone 3GS.

She handed to it to me and she told me she would take my old phone and handed me the new 3GS. It only took me a few second to open the box and get her sim card removal tool and pop the Sim card for her iPhone and my iPhone.

A few moments later I now had my Simcard in the new phone and booted it up.

I only had a few moments to play with it. I played with the camera and was surprised how good the pictures looked, I also took a short demo video, again was impressed with what I saw.

The apps do load faster n the 3GS, but the internet was about the same.

I cant wait to play with it tomorrow. I need to format it again as when it restored things its copied all the apps to the phone instead of only the apps I want on there.

And then I got to Jailbreak it. ;) :D

Thanks to my wife for the upgrade. :)

Yikes! I am still using my Sprint Mogul that I picked-up two years ago when you got yours. It works just fine, but I have been looking at the new phones. The only problem is I don't feel like losing my SERO plan and wind-up paying 3X for a data plan.

I wish my wife was like yours!
:(since we are on sprint she got a new palm pre to replace her brick type phone and she doesnt even know how to use it!

Good Luck with the iphone scott
but jailbreak it? the app store fixed the need to do that no?
I dont know much about the iphone since I only have a first gen ipod touch and mostly use it to surf th eweb at work

but jailbreak it? the app store fixed the need to do that no?

The biggest reason to jailebreak it now is that you can run WIFI only applications on the 3G network. Apps like Slingplayer work over the 3G if your iPhone is jailbroken.

The biggest reason to jailebreak it now is that you can run WIFI only applications on the 3G network. Apps like Slingplayer work over the 3G if your iPhone is jailbroken.
That is the biggest reason why I jailbreak, so I can use my Slingbox wherever I want.

I also like backgrounder so I can listen to Sirius XM while doing other things on my phone such as reading email.

Yeah I guess I am, but I am surprised that Apple hasnt realized that I can be a terrorist as well by using one of their Macbook pros. But for some reason I dont see them crying to stop sales of those. :D

Does any of the iPhones support push-mail from Exchange? I would concider getting an iPhone as a replacenent to my Tilt, but I can't live without push-mail. Also, is there a version of TomTom for iPhone?

i wish verizon would get the iphone soon looks like a great phone. i cant get att to work where i live so im out of luck. The best phone i can get is the verizon tour. it is in my opinion the best verizon smartphone.

Does any of the iPhones support push-mail from Exchange? I would concider getting an iPhone as a replacenent to my Tilt, but I can't live without push-mail. Also, is there a version of TomTom for iPhone?

Yes there is Exchange Push support. :)

There is a version of Tom Tom for the iPhone coming out, but it has not been released yet.

I like to compass on the iPhone 3GS as it lets you select Magnetic North or True North, makes it much easier for setting up new Satellite Dishes. :D :D

Thanks! Oh, and are there any iPhone apps that allow you to access a PC remotely? Like Remote Desktop or pcAnywhere?

Yes, they both do, but its a pain in the arce to setup if the exchange server isnt running the latest service pack!

Yes there is Exchange Push support. :)

There is a version of Tom Tom for the iPhone coming out, but it has not been released yet.

I like to compass on the iPhone 3GS as it lets you select Magnetic North or True North, makes it much easier for setting up new Satellite Dishes. :D :D
It is supposed to be over $100. For that I would prefer to use the real thing and not have my iPhone hung up with a navigation app

Last edited:
It is supposed to be over $100. For that I would prefer to use the real thing and not have my iPhone hung up with a navigation app

It all depends. For $100 I can have the Tom Tom application on the wife's and my phones. This makes 2 GPS units for $50 per phone. Since I refuse to answer my phone while driving, I lose nothing with using them for GPS.

Personally I have used google maps with great success as long as there is somebody else in the car with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts