Got my 10ft install BUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks much better. How is that 101 signal now?

Well it's still raining and I kinda messed around with it and well I still got no go. From what I have found out is that my meter doesn't like to beam it in but my receiver does. What is even more odd that when the receiver gets a signal it only stays lock for only like 25 sec and drops and comes back and drops and comes back. I'm not sure what that's about.

Well it's still raining and I kinda messed around with it and well I still got no go. From what I have found out is that my meter doesn't like to beam it in but my receiver does. What is even more odd that when the receiver gets a signal it only stays lock for only like 25 sec and drops and comes back and drops and comes back. I'm not sure what that's about.

Is the wind also wagging wet branches in front of the dish bore sight? If so, there you go. Though with most c-band signals, you should be able to keep a lock in quite a downpour, IF everything is tuned up right.

Reactions: bigg t
If you're taking the photos through the hole in the center of the dish, it seems like the feed horn is tilted a bit.

That was a problem I had. I finally used the inclinometer both horizontal and vertical on the scalar to make sure both angles matched the backplate angles. That is a bit hard to eyeball as it's entirely subjective but using the meter to get the angles to match worked just fine. Of course the OP's dish doesn't currently have a backplate on.....

Well guys I got it working and the skew was off well a lot . I'm not getting all but most transponders now. I guess some r more tricky then others. And yes the lnb wasn't sitting in straight so fix that and is well now

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
I can scan the whole 101 in but not transposer 4080 V I know that I can't view them but it's nice to listen to the music in the back ground. Does anyone have any idea what that maybe about??

Well I have got all the transponders coming in nice BUT transponder 4080 V 30000 won't beam in for the life of me. I don't understand it

That transponder being an 8-psk feed means that you probably have some fine tuning to do yet.

Tvrosat says that's a Powervu encrypted transponder, so I doubt you could receive it at all.

Sorry I can't check for sure, as we moved to a new house and I don't have line of sight anymore. :(

Someone has told me that u can just listen to the audio no need to have video. So yes the video maybe encrypted but the audio isn't. I can't remember who said that to me. If anyone with 101w check that 4080 V for me and confirm it's gone or still alive that would help me out so much and thank you.

I can check tomorrow. Right now recording Mayberry RFD, on Decades.

BET mux was at 4080.did it go back to digicipher? Sound was on the mux. I can't get the feeds tonight.

I really am glad I have you's here for me bc I would have been lost this whole way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)