Got my 10ft install BUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yup, I see you're right, Waylew. It is there. I was looking at only the FTA TPs, not the scrambled ones. I just scanned it and got the same as you, 24 channels scrambled, no video or sound.

So 4080 V 30000 is there? Ok so even if I scan them in I won't be able to watch them or hear them? 10 ft should pick it up then. Waylew what is your skew and elevation for that? I guess I shouldn't care if I can pick it up but I can't understand why I can't when I can get all the other transponders and not that one.

So 4080 V 30000 is there? Ok so even if I scan them in I won't be able to watch them or hear them? 10 ft should pick it up then. Waylew what is your skew and elevation for that? I guess I shouldn't care if I can pick it up but I can't understand why I can't when I can get all the other transponders and not that one.

IF you are scanning "FTA ONLY" channels, you won't pick that transponder up at all. Most receivers have different scan settings, so you'd want to scan for "ALL channels".

Also yes, even if you scan it in, he's saying that due to encryption, there's no audio or video.

IF you are scanning "FTA ONLY" channels, you won't pick that transponder up at all. Most receivers have different scan settings, so you'd want to scan for "ALL channels".

Also yes, even if you scan it in, he's saying that due to encryption, there's no audio or video.

When I scan I did a all scan and nuthing. I don't even get a signal on that transponder at all.

When I scan I did a all scan and nuthing. I don't even get a signal on that transponder at all.

Ok then. The others have now established that there's nothing FTA there for you to see or hear. So why are you so determined to tune in nothing?

There's all sorts of reasons why maybe YOU couldn't tune it in using your equipment, that have nothing to do with whether or not you have a 10ft dish. Your 10 ft dish IS CAPABLE in itself.

They could have much better tuned systems (very probably part of it). They could have better lnb's (perhaps orthomode with Norsats lnb's). Perhaps different receivers. I've never seen you mention what receiver you are using.

Don't fret this one! Give it up for now, and check other sats. IF you find a pattern of not being able to tune certain TP, just ask and they can check. Then you can decide if there's still more work to be done with your setup.

This is just tv, and doing it this way is a hobby. Don't be so obsessed that you don't have FUN doing it.

I have said what I'm using in other post sorry. I'm using geosatpro hdvr3500. I bought that bc I want the music channels. I like music if ya can't tell lol. I guess it don't matter if I can or not scan them in. I wanted to learn more and I guess this has me hanging bc I don't get why I can't scan but like u said it maybe my setup or need fine tuning too. I'll move on and let it go thanks

It may be your HDVR3500. When I got mine, it had problems scanning in Movies on 101W, could'nt do it because another TP is real close in value to that one. My 3500 does receive the MC channels on 125 W fine.

There is some music channels on 103W Ku that are very good but you have to manually edit the values of the TPs with a editor, your 3500 probably won't work for them unless Eugene has fixed the editor program for it. I have a dish setup here for them but I don't remember what they're called, that dish has been up for years. Probably search this site for 103w music channels, or something like that, if you're interested.

I bought that bc I want the music channels.
MTV doesn't represent "basic music channels". It is subscription only.

Scrambling probably isn't a good term to use as some associate that with trashed video (inverted sync). MTV is digitally encrypted and that renders all aspects of the content unusable for FTA.

It may be your HDVR3500. When I got mine, it had problems scanning in Movies on 101W, could'nt do it because another TP is real close in value to that one. My 3500 does receive the MC channels on 125 W fine.

There is some music channels on 103W Ku that are very good but you have to manually edit the values of the TPs with a editor, your 3500 probably won't work for them unless Eugene has fixed the editor program for it. I have a dish setup here for them but I don't remember what they're called, that dish has been up for years. Probably search this site for 103w music channels, or something like that, if you're interested.

What size dish do u use for music choice on 125w?

Judging from the pictures of the strings, you got the dish assembled as well as possible without the center plates. The plates are added support and they help bring the ends of the panels together even all the way around. I've seen a lot of installs where they were left off and the dish performed like a pro. Nice job. Too bad you didn't have a better view of the sky from your location. Pretty much everything we watch is on 4 satellites, all high in the sky, and with a little effort, you may be able to clear a path to them.

I had a few branches that grew out in the way of the dish when I lived at another location. I did a little long range branch control with a 12 gauge shotgun. Works really well for removing branches up to 1 1/2 inch in diameter, if you live somewhere you can take them out with a 12 shotgun. :) Neighbors frown on that in a populated area. It kind of spooks them when shot rains down on them even though it doesn't have enough momentum to raise a welt on them.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Judging from the pictures of the strings, you got the dish assembled as well as possible without the center plates. The plates are added support and they help bring the ends of the panels together even all the way around. I've seen a lot of installs where they were left off and the dish performed like a pro. Nice job. Too bad you didn't have a better view of the sky from your location. Pretty much everything we watch is on 4 satellites, all high in the sky, and with a little effort, you may be able to clear a path to them.

I had a few branches that grew out in the way of the dish when I lived at another location. I did a little long range branch control with a 12 gauge shotgun. Works really well for removing branches up to 1 1/2 inch in diameter, if you live somewhere you can take them out with a 12 shotgun. :) Neighbors frown on that in a populated area. It kind of spooks them when shot rains down on them even though it doesn't have enough momentum to raise a welt on them.

Thanks for noticing my job didn't take to long maybe 2 hours. Goes good when ya know how I guess. She's doing her job that's for sure

Reactions: wvman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts