Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Hello everyone! I just wanted to post an update on the 8' mesh dish I bought from Tek2000 a while ago. Well, I've had it up and have been using it for a few weeks now and overall I'd have to say I'm happy with a few reservations. I'm using an 18" actuator to scan from 55.5W to 125W with a WSI NS741 C/KU LNB and an X2 Premium receiver. I can lock most everything I would like to get with the exception of a few S2 channels. For example, I have not been able to lock RTV on 87W but I am able to get the S2 channels on 3743V on 87W. Receiver did show signal several times but could not lock it. Also, not able to lock 3780H (S2 NBC) on 105W. Granted, I have not done any serious tweaking (just got it on the arc and working) and I do have a long run into the house (about 140 feet) so maybe that accounts for some channels not locking. I have not tried getting KU yet. As far as quality, I'd say it's OK. There are few places on the dish where the mesh is not flat on the frame so I guess I will need to put a rivet here and there. Also, there is some rust showing on the ring where the paint chipped off during setup that will need touched up. Don't see any on the dish itself as it appears to be all aluminum. My personal opinion is the mount could be improved but it does work. I have attached a few pics of the dish. If you would like any other pics let me know. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.
100_1411.JPG 100_1416.JPG 100_1423.JPG 100_1418.JPG 100_1412.JPG 100_1420.JPG 100_1421.JPG 100_1413.JPG 100_1428.JPG 100_1414.JPG

Thanks for the review and great pics! I know the X2 won’t play the 4:2:2 video on the cbs channels, but do they scan in on 89W or 97W? You should be able to get the nbc’s with a little tuning I would think.

Really appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Posted via Kindle Fire HD

Thanks for the review, my only big concern about it was... was it real.

It popped out of no where and for a price that was hard to believe was real. I just did not want to see any members get scammed out of their hard earned money.

From the pics it looks to be quite shallow, which would be a big reason you are not getting the RTV stuff. But for the price still not a bad deal.

Did yours come with any kind of instructions?

Thanks for the review and great pics! I know the X2 won’t play the 4:2:2 video on the cbs channels, but do they scan in on 89W or 97W? You should be able to get the nbc’s with a little tuning I would think.

CBS didn't scan in for me on 89W or 97W. I am getting one CBS channel on 4149H on 87W and two others on 4167V on 95W.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, my only big concern about it was... was it real.

It popped out of no where and for a price that was hard to believe was real. I just did not want to see any members get scammed out of their hard earned money.

From the pics it looks to be quite shallow, which would be a big reason you are not getting the RTV stuff. But for the price still not a bad deal.

Did yours come with any kind of instructions?

Nope, no instructions and no parts list. :what I contacted them via messaging on their website. They did respond within 24 hrs and emailed me very basic assembly instructions (written, no illustrations) and said they were working on assembly instructions that would be included in the future. No idea if that's been done or not. It really wasn't all that difficult but it would have been nice to have a parts list and instructions from the start.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
How long ago did you buy it? I'd talked to them about three months ago and they'd said that they were out of stock of the 10' dishes until mid April. Said they would email me when they got them in stock again, but I never heard anything from them.

How long ago did you buy it? I'd talked to them about three months ago and they'd said that they were out of stock of the 10' dishes until mid April. Said they would email me when they got them in stock again, but I never heard anything from them.
I got my 8' a few months back and stored it in my basement until that wonderful winter we had was over. (Just getting over my third bout of the flu now) :rolleyes:

Reactions: . Raine

Their website indicates they have stock now.

sgs

Reactions: . Raine
Looks good!. Lucky you to have that great view of the arc and for the price it's a nice setup. I saw one of the mesh bulges but that seems like it can be repaired. Maybe try a line amp out of the LNB for the long coax run?. The whole setup looks cool and congrats on getting it up and running!.

First thanks for the pictures. I had taken mine but haven't had the time to re-size them. I will and get them up in this thread.

They (Tek2000) have been very decent to deal with. I had a receiver issue and they stood up and made right.

Anyone getting one and setting it up, be sure to have pretty close to final tightness before you quit tuning. I failed to do that and have bought myself another round at the dish tuning.

I have been using my Micro HD receiver and it is doing a great job with Tek2000's combo C-Ku LNB on the 8' dish. The dish is all aluminum except for the steel polar mount. I have been able to lock the RTV feeds on 87W pretty much most of the time. I tried the replacement receiver last (the one they sent to replace the faulty one) and it wouldn't lock the RTV signals, kept saying no signal, but the Micro HD was locking just fine. And, the dish was not moved, only the coax was moved from receiver to receiver.

As I stated in another thread here. I am please with what I received and considering what I had to pay have no complaints. There are some things I didn't really like about the polar mount, but time may prove my concerns to be wrong. Time will be the true test. One of the things I really liked was the light weight due to the all aluminum construction. Have had a couple of back surgeries and don't really want any more.

Protect those polar axis pivot bolts with some grease ASAP. (Looks like no bushing or bearing??) Don't need them wearing out or freezing up. I'd lube them first with something that flows fairly well the cover them up with wheel bearing grease. Maybe even 'needle' some into the gap between the moveable and stationary parts? I'd also use some (at least WD40) on the elevation bolt threads and nuts. Then check/reapply twice a year.
I've believed that little horizontal 'tab' for the elevation adjuster is a weak spot. Seen them broken off many times BITD on others 'economy' dishes. If you have someone lift or push down on the dish and can see it flex at all (I.E. wind forces): Our 'Permanent Fix' was to weld on a vertical tab in it's place and use a turnbuckle in place of the threaded rod..
No instructions? We never got 'em BITD either. All we got was a ~30 minute 'session' with Doug Dehnert*, that was 'it'. [* USS Maspro]
How about, while you continue tweaking the dish, post some specifications? especially dish depth. (string across face, measure from string to bottom center of dish) And best focal length, when tuned up, dish to front edge of feed throat? And how 'close' was it as originally assembled?
That is all. BTW: looks good. have fun,

Resizing pictures: www.IRFANVIEW.com for windows or under wine in Linux. It's absolutely the best.
Install 'All Plugins' for even more features.

Protect those polar axis pivot bolts with some grease ASAP. (Looks like no bushing or bearing??) Don't need them wearing out or freezing up. I'd lube them first with something that flows fairly well the cover them up with wheel bearing grease. Maybe even 'needle' some into the gap between the moveable and stationary parts? I'd also use some (at least WD40) on the elevation bolt threads and nuts. Then check/reapply twice a year.
I've believed that little horizontal 'tab' for the elevation adjuster is a weak spot. Seen them broken off many times BITD on others 'economy' dishes. If you have someone lift or push down on the dish and can see it flex at all (I.E. wind forces): Our 'Permanent Fix' was to weld on a vertical tab in it's place and use a turnbuckle in place of the threaded rod..
No instructions? We never got 'em BITD either. All we got was a ~30 minute 'session' with Doug Dehnert*, that was 'it'. [* USS Maspro]
How about, while you continue tweaking the dish, post some specifications? especially dish depth. (string across face, measure from string to bottom center of dish) And best focal length, when tuned up, dish to front edge of feed throat? And how 'close' was it as originally assembled?
That is all. BTW: looks good. have fun,

Yep, still lots of tweaking and weatherizing to do. :rainThanks for the great tips! I will keep an eye on that elevation tab for any sign of weakness. By the way, there were two bushings (which appear to be brass) that tapped into each end of the square tube on the polar mount. Definitely feel the mount could be improved but it does work so I guess it is what it is unless I get brave and replace it. I will get some specs and more pics up as I go. :)

Yep, still lots of tweaking and weatherizing to do. :rainThanks for the great tips! I will keep an eye on that elevation tab for any sign of weakness. By the way, there were two bushings (which appear to be brass) that tapped into each end of the square tube on the polar mount. Definitely feel the mount could be improved but it does work so I guess it is what it is unless I get brave and replace it. I will get some specs and more pics up as I go. :)

Take a drive to Michigan and buy Pixl's HH mount?

How about, while you continue tweaking the dish, post some specifications? especially dish depth. (string across face, measure from string to bottom center of dish)

Put a string on face of dish and measured it tonight. It is about 14.5" deep. Also another picture of dish that shows depth better. 100_1444.JPG 100_1415.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: FaT Air
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)