Got my first BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hamah

Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Alaska
I got my first c band 10 foot dish! I am fairly new to c band have used messed around with ku fta..
I have a Skybox F3 that is use for my ku fta.. My question is.. Can is use the skybox to move the c band actuator to move the dish? How would i go about doing this?
Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: N6BY
Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your new C Band 10' dish.

I don't know about the Skybox F3, but there are people here who I'm sure will be happy to help -- you have definitely found the right place to ask.

N6BY

With the KU dish the motor controller and motor are in the same unit. With the C-Band motors the controllers are separate. Right now there are two DiSEqC controllers being sold. V-Box 7 by DMSI and ASC1 by Titanium Satellite. But they are no where near the same unit. They are as different as night and day ;)

Reactions: hamah
Thank you all for the replies! I have always wanted to get a C band dish and i just could not pass up the opportunity to get this one! I had to drive 100 miles 1 way, but its in great shape and being free!! i could not pass it up! Thank you Magic Static for suggesting the V-Box to control the Actuator.. Price is not too bad and it looks like it will work fine for my needs!

Welcome to SatGuys, Hamah!

One thing to consider on which controller to get may be what feed you have on your dish, if it has a servo motor for polarity the ASC1 has the ability to control that, the V-Box doesn't. You could change the feed to something like the Titanium C1PLL LNBF pretty cheaply and not have to deal with it at all, $50 or so, if your feed is a servo type.

Last edited:
I do have the servo controller for polarity! I actually was planning to change it out anyways! The one that came with it looks a little beat up! Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: . Raine
You're welcome! The Titanium C1PLL [or C2PLL if you want two outputs] are good ones to check out, I have a C1PLL and a C1WPLL from Titanium and they work great. Here's a link to his site, the ASC1 is here too:

http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/products

You can get a V Box on Amazon for $49 and free shipping, you might find it a little cheaper looking around:

Amazon product ASIN B00FL8G38Y
What brand is your dish?

Thank you for the links!
As for the brand of the Dish? I really do not know?? I will add some pics, and maybe someone could identify it?

sat1.jpg sat2.jpg
I took these before i uninstalled it!

Thank you for the links!
As for the brand of the Dish? I really do not know?? I will add some pics, and maybe someone could identify it?

View attachment 106488 View attachment 106489
I took these before i uninstalled it!

You're welcome! I don't know what type of dish that is,but it looks in real nice shape, that was worth getting! Someone on here will know what it is, I bet.

I think that's a "Perfect 10" dish. I also am using one, and they are good dishes. I also uploaded the full manual for it, and it's in the FTA Manuals download section here. It's a full size 11x17 inch, and will be invaluable to properly putting that back up. If you tore the dish down to individual sections, be aware that you MUST follow the instructions in the manual to make it properly go back together. Don't guess, because that won't work, lol. Believe me, I found that out the hard way with mine.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/p.339579/

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/att...tellite-dish-assembly-instructions-zip.99253/

I use a V-Box 10 to move mine (which has a Venture 24" actuator) and it moves easily, quietly, and with no problems, even during deep-cold frozen winter this year.

Welcome to the site and the C band 'side'. I know you're going to like it.
Looks like a great dish. To help setting it up: Take a gander at a page I put up and fire any questions and we'll be glad to answer.
http://theho.web.fc2.com/BUD/ Oh crap, they've put ads on it. Maybe I should find it another home.

Thank you primestar31 or the assembly instructions.. I am sure they will come in handy when i get the dish put back together!
Thank you FaT Air for the website! It has a lot of great information that i am sure will be useful to me!

Welcome. Good looking dish.
Did you measure it? It looks larger than a 10 footer. My 10' Perfect 10 has only 16 panels. Yours has 24 panels.
Great for surface accuracy.

I am wondering if this is a 12 foot dish myself? I will get out a tape measure and measure one of the sections tomorrow!
I was wondering if any of you use you C Band to receive KU Band as well? Is there a combined lnb, or are you using like a sidecar attached lnb?

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, and all the links!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)