Status
Please reply by conversation.

Labgate

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Hello everyone

I received my new Pansat 9200HD unit.

First let me say that it does blindscan (called smartscan) very well. What I would like to do is try it on a 4:2:2 signal. I was waiting for raw tonight but seems they won't be there.

So could you point me to a 4:2:2 signal that is always there (preferably on KU) and also and HD channel always there (preferably on KU) so I can test this baby.

Greetings

Labgate

AMC1 has NBC in 4:2:2 (11840 H 26670 & 11877 H 26670)

AMC3 has PBS HD (12140 V 30000)

Last edited:
Hello

I found an unencrypted HD channel on nimiq 2 and the image looks great.

I'm checking AMC 3 as I write this.

But I will need to find a 4:2:2 feed unencrypted to test. I believe the NBC feeds are encrypted?

Labgate

nope the NBC is in the clear. On my CS5000 the audio is there but the green pixeling gives away the 4:2:2

How is the blind scan?

Blindscan Works very well.

Very fast, as fast as my other pansats.

Labgate

I was hoping someone would buy this model and test it. At least it looks like it's actually useful for things other than the obvious.

Blindscan is a HUGE plus and panny's seem to be pretty decent at it. When you get done with AMC3, did it find Montana PBS in the scan (if it did not already have the TP in it). I found that channel to be missed by quite a few blindscans on other receivers.

Sounds like a nice receiver. Have you ever used a Coolsat 5000 or Traxis 3500? I was wondering how the blind scan compares speed / accuracy wise to those units. Keep us posted about the 4:2:2!

Hello everyone

I had to stop my tests last night but I will continue tonight.

I have a coolsat 6000, not a 5000. I don't have a traxis so I can't compare.

I will verify for the Montana PBS feed and the NBC feed.

I bought it in Canada at a local dealer where I get excellent prices ( I bought lots of receivers there). He is not a site sponsor but an authorised pansat dealer for a long time (I don't want any clones and good support)

Labgate

Hello

Blindscan did not find Montana PBS at 12145 H 4340, had to enter it manually.

Labgate

Oh man, I was hoping for 4:2:2, but it doesn't surprise me.

Montana PBS does not surprise me not scanning in. Does anyone know why that channel is such a bugger on scans? It seems only my Fortec Merc II, Traxis 3500 and my coolsat 5000 scanned it successfully, everything else I have used has missed.

Hello

I was hoping for 4:2:2 also, so this is a deception for me.

But on the bright side :

HD receiver with blindscan
Great picture and great sound with SD channels
Great picture and great sound with HD channels
Fast channel switching

I will try the HDMI interface as soon as I receive my cable.

And there is a sata interface so I suppose that someday it will add pvr capabilities.

Labgate

ac-3 decoding

Hey labgate, thanks for biting the bullet for us, that's one more HD box I won't buy. When somebody builds one that does 4.2.2 I will go for it
Your new box does AC-3 internally, or does it still need a sep amplifier/decoder?

Hello

I was hoping for 4:2:2 also, so this is a deception for me.
bummer that it doesnt do 4:2:2...but
But on the bright side :

HD receiver with blindscan
you got me sold right there
Great picture and great sound with SD channels
Great picture and great sound with HD channels
awesome
Fast channel switching
sweet :)

How is the clock? Is it real time or does it lose time like my other Pansat does? Also does it have issues with the "no name" transponders? What I mean is my 1500 will hang on a TP that has no name (like the PBS mux on AMC3). It will scan for like 2 minutes then scan in the channels.

Also can it do AC-3 through the box or do you need another box? I know the 9000 could do it through that box so we could record the PBS channels with no extra equipemnt

Hello

It does Digital AC3 out of the box.

I'll check about the clock. In the documentation it says there is a real time clock :). I hope it works well.

I'll check with the no names. I'm scanning satellites right now. I have placed an ecoda 22khz switch and on port 0 my diseqc motor and on port 22khz an 8 port diseqc switch.

Everything seems to work fine for the switching.

Labgate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)