got my pansat 9200HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
This box seems like a great receiver except it keeps locking up doing a "smart scan" on G10R c-band at the end of the horizontal side.

I have to power the unit off and start again. Don't know what's up with that.

It scans the other sats fine on both polarities.

The terrestrial tuner is great too.

what software version is in it?

The original software sucked...there is a new one on the pansat site (pansatusa.com) that cleaned up the bugs...I downaloded the newest factory software in mine and it works great

Yea, looking forward to a review in hopes that it may be better with channel numbering to allow placement of terrestrial and satellite channels in MY OWN ORDER and not SID order!

Good luck with it!

techno

I will tell you this...yes you can sort them that way. If all you do is scan OTA it logs them as their legit mapped channels. So when I scan my OTA I get
etc

but when you scan satellite channels, then they go as channels 1,2,3 but you can sort them how YOU want them too :)

So I have my OTA first in numerical order, then G10, SBS6, G11 etc and feeds are the end for easy removal :)

so as an example it shows
1. TPT2 (my local PBS channel 2)
2. TPTHD (my local PBS HD channel)
3. WCCO (local CBS 4)
etc
down to about 23 where
23. KSTC (local Independent 45)
then
24. KUWF (G10)
25. KVTC (G10)
etc

then around 50 or so I have
51. PBS from AMC3
52. Montana PBS

etc

and I can sort the channels how I want to :)

That is sweet! That being said, would you say it's better than the CS8000? If I can get grandma set up with an all-in-one OTA and satellite package, that would be good.

from an ease of use standpoint, yes it is

when you scan new channels in, it doesn't re-sort the existing stuff back to all channels 001 in one area and 002 next etc. You can sort it and those channels do not get moved unless you tell them to move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)