got some new LNB's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
eh, sometimes you get lucky on Ebay. Threw a bid on some LNB's and won them for like 5 bucks. Got them today :)

Here is the list

California Amplifier Mag 7 noise 35k

chaparral noise 25k

Gardiner 26k

US Gold 30k

California Amplifier Mini Mag 30k

California Amplifier Mini Mag 25k

I had to wash the scaler rings as they were dirty. neighbors thought I was nuts. Most people was their cars...I wash satellite parts :)

only drawback is there is no polorotors on them so they would have to manually be tuned. They need some screws to hold the feedhorn to the LNB but gonna try them out on the 6 foot dish and see how they works out :)

Attachments

• 5b5a_1.JPG
    5b5a_1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 258
eh, sometimes you get lucky on Ebay. Threw a bid on some LNB's and won them for like 5 bucks. Got them today :)

Here is the list

California Amplifier Mag 7 noise 35k

chaparral noise 25k

Gardiner 26k

US Gold 30k

California Amplifier Mini Mag 30k

California Amplifier Mini Mag 25k

I had to wash the scaler rings as they were dirty. neighbors thought I was nuts. Most people was their cars...I wash satellite parts :)

only drawback is there is no polorotors on them so they would have to manually be tuned. They need some screws to hold the feedhorn to the LNB but gonna try them out on the 6 foot dish and see how they works out :)

I would start with the California Amplifier Mini Mag 25k. The Mini Mag series came out after the Cal Amp LNB I have on my 12 ft dish. I have the full size HEMT 40 degree LNB. It was the same one cable headends used back in 89. The Mini mag series didn't have the isolator that the earlier LNB's had, but were still very good. The isolator was a fine tuned filter that allowed only 3.4 to 4.2 GHZ to pass. This was nice if you were getting out of band TI. For $5 bucks you got a great deal. I payed $200.00 for my LNB in 89. It works flawlessly with all the digital I throw at it so you should have good luck with these.

Edited to add: The Mag 7 actually was the one that came out after mine the Mini Mag came out after that. Had to think a while about what I remember :) You should do well with all the Cal Amps. The Gardner was a good unit too.

The image is from the box from my LNB.

Attachments

• IMAGE1.jpg
    IMAGE1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hey Ice you should be able to get a polorotor motor and put it on the feedhorn then you won't have to manually adjust the skew.

I know...but right now the 2nd dish is wheeled out an moved to G26 for AMGTV and once in a while to 121 for some stuff...I want to see how good it works before I drop any more money in it.

I want to see how well the "old LNB's" hold up to that new fangled 621-2 on there right now :)

Ought to be an interesting test. Some of the old LNB's were really good. Built like tanks too :D

Hey Ice I got a couple complete horns I took of the dishes I scrapped, complete with servos....I'll swap ya....LOL ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)