Got update U303 on hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Shouldn't have to turn it off should we? I never had to turn it off with the HWS. it would just pop up on the screen saying it was going to do nightly updates, and you had to hit a button to stop it from doing it.
No longer does that from what everyone has seen. We are having to turn them off to get updates now.

I received the update yesterday around 1:35 PM. I wonder if they're going to a more friendly update schedule like when the receivers aren't in use. I usually turn my Hopper 3 off and leave my Joey on all night since I like falling asleep listening to the TV. My Joey has still been playing in the morning now when I wake up and since my update came while I was away at work and they had been off all day it makes me wonder.

Go into the Joey standby setting and set it to timeout after appropriate time (like 4 hours or 6). If you're up for those 4 hours you can just press the select button. It will then go into standby allowing the Hopper to download the upgrade.

Go into the Joey standby setting and set it to timeout after appropriate time (like 4 hours or 6). If you're up for those 4 hours you can just press the select button. It will then go into standby allowing the Hopper to download the upgrade.

I do have them both programmed to go into standby mode after 8 hours. My point was that my update came through while I was at work which is ideal for me! I love that it didn't automatically shut down at night to do the download, but rather did it by itself while the units were powered off.
Sorry if I was unclear.

Reactions: Foxbat
Rebooting the Hopper did not work. I had to turn Joey in the kids room to standby. Then putting the hopper standby retrieved the update within a few min.

Seems kind of stupid that all units would have to be off to get an update. Especially when you used to get prompted for a update check on HWS. Hopefully this is a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app[/
Seems kind of stupid that all units would have to be off to get an update. Especially when you used to get prompted for a update check on HWS. Hopefully this is a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm hoping this is the way it stays. When units are active no bothers, when all units are in standby then updates appear. What could be better?

For those saying you have 5.1, what exactly are you looking at? The Netflix app definitely marks shows with the "5.1" icon next to "HD" and in the audio menu it shows 5.1 as the soundtrack I'm playing, but my receiver only says it's receiving PCM. No trouble getting 5.1 from actual satellite channels, or from Netflix with the app on my TV (via ARC) or my PS3.

I'm wondering if people saying it now works with 5.1 are just basing it on what it says it's doing, not what it's actually doing.

Aaron

i just wish they would pull that netlfix app until they can get that issue with ultra 4k hd resolved

There is no 5.1 on Netflix. Whoever says there is, is full of it. Just cause it says 5.1 in the program description, does not mean it's there. Works great on my Roku not Hopper 3. Disappointing....hope they can get 5.1 added.

No longer does that from what everyone has seen. We are having to turn them off to get updates now.

Am I correct that the H3 no longer does the nightly reboot? I couldn't tell as I have a auto-tune event at 2:00AM PST daily which was what I used on the H2K to keep it out of standby in case it reboots so I would have buffering when I turn the tv later on during the day.

Am I correct that the H3 no longer does the nightly reboot? I couldn't tell as I have a auto-tune event at 2:00AM PST daily which was what I used on the H2K to keep it out of standby in case it reboots so I would have buffering when I turn the tv later on during the day.
It is hard to tell - now that my recordings (or myself) are no longer interrupted. Something must be happening though, since I got the newest firmware update.

It is hard to tell - now that my recordings (or myself) are no longer interrupted. Something must be happening though, since I got the newest firmware update.
Was the box actually in standby when you got the update or did it update in the background? I know with D*TV HD DVR's, it doesn't reboot nightly or one would even know it did updates unless you checked the version number, maybe they finally did it. Also, are updates actually downloaded via satellite or the internet?

Was the box actually in standby when you got the update or did it update in the background? I know with D*TV HD DVR's, it doesn't reboot nightly or one would even know it did updates unless you checked the version number, maybe they finally did it. Also, are updates actually downloaded via satellite or the internet?
It was definitely in standby (or I would have known otherwise) and as far as I know, that is the only way we can receive updates. With the HWS there were nightly updates (I know, because I was interrupted) but there wasn't a nightly version change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)