Gotham

I really seem to enjoy the episodes that focus on Bruce Wayne/Selena/Alfred, even though I'm not someone who normally watches shows that feature kids or teens. I like seeing this early drive in BW to develop himself and getting training from Alfred and Selena. Maybe it's straight from the comics, which I've never read. But it seems like in the movies, becoming a crusader was more of an adult decision and activity. It makes more sense that he would have coped with the tragedy of his parents murder by actively preparing himself and researching in the immediate aftermath.

Great mid-season finale!

Are they going to solve the Wayne murders this season? I wonder if they will want to? It seems like it would be more of a multiple season type of story. The last few episodes seem to show movement on it.

Next Episode: S01, E11

Monday, January 5, 2015

"Rogues' Gallery":
Gordon's assignment at Arkham gets off to a rocky start when a guard is murdered, prompting an investigation; Cobblepot builds his army.

S~

Pet peeve.... Everyone at Arkham keeps calling Gordon, "Officer Gordon." The uniform Gordon is wearing has sergeant's chevrons on both sides. This would make him SERGEANT Gordon, not Officer Gordon.

You can see it that way, but I don't think the writers meant this. I thought about that. But within the ranks, the only thing that is respected is the uniform. That is a sergeant's uniform.

Last edited:
Pet peeve.... Everyone at Arkham keeps calling Gordon, "Officer Gordon." The uniform Gordon is wearing has sergeant's chevrons on both sides. This would make him SERGEANT Gordon, not Officer Gordon.

The whole thing does not make sense. You cannot make a police detective a prison guard. You could have him be a cop stationed at the asylum if you were to bust him down from detective to cop. It makes as much sense as making him a sanitation worker. Completely different department, different hierarchy (not to mention unions), and different jobs. But, then I guess this is fiction and they are taking vast liberties with "the system".

Reactions: TNGTony
The whole thing does not make sense. You cannot make a police detective a prison guard. You could have him be a cop stationed at the asylum if you were to bust him down from detective to cop. It makes as much sense as making him a sanitation worker. Completely different department, different hierarchy (not to mention unions), and different jobs. But, then I guess this is fiction and they are taking vast liberties with "the system".

I'm not going to get too worked up about any of this since it's fiction. This is not based on the real world people.

Invaders are back

Watchmen | Official Tease | HBO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)