Gotham

Because it is a step down in rank from Detective, like calling him Private instead of officer, if he was in the army . It's another way to disrespect Gordon.
Again, if Sgt Gordon wouldn't have worn a sergeant's uniform with very large, very prominent Sergeant's chevrons on both sleeves last week, it would not be an issue to me. It is not intentional by the writers. I am convinced of that. A superior would NEVER call a person by a lower rank. The only thing that is respected is the uniform.

Good grief. Who cares about the detective, officer, sergeant crap. 99.9% of the population would use officer when talking about a detective and not 1) know it was wrong 2) mean anything negative by it. This is a comic book show. If that is all you can find incorrect with it, then I dare say you are focused on the wrong things. :)

Read my previous comments about dismissing details by saying "it's only a comic book show."
I know it's minutia. But in my mind, minutia that takes away from the overall universe this show creates. It is a simple detail that could, with the changing of ONE word in the script could be corrected.

Again, if Sgt Gordon wouldn't have worn a sergeant's uniform with very large, very prominent Sergeant's chevrons on both sleeves last week, it would not be an issue to me. It is not intentional by the writers. I am convinced of that. A superior would NEVER call a person by a lower rank. The only thing that is respected is the uniform.

I see it as a way to put him in his place and disrespect him at the same time. The way they call him officer and the way it sounds when they say it is with a full disdain in their voice that means to me that they really don't like him and they are mocking him at the same time. OFFICER GORDAN....(For now ,but not much longer!) Especially, since they were trying to make him quit his job by stationing him at the Arkham Asylum.

I had a Warden at the prison I retired from, that hated me with a white hot passion and he would call me Officer D ( full last name).... when ever he talked to me . Note, everyone else he talked to in the same vicinity was Boss, or by the first name or last name with a smile and a handshake,but I was always OFFICER , no handshake and a scowl on his face . He talked to me with the same disdain that the doctor at the asylum talked to Gordan and the way the Commissioner talked to him. The real reason why my Warden hated me ,was because I would file grievances towards him over the way he violated the department policies and well as national Fair Labor Standards act. I won every time , and he had to pay or change what he was doing. Not only for me ,but everyone else at the prison too. I know a disrespectful tone and that is what they are doing to Jim Gordon ,because he is right and he goes by policy and by the book. HE reminds me of the way I used to behave for the last 20 years I worked at the state prison- minus the Batman antics of course.:oldwink

I know a disrespectful tone and that is what they are doing to Jim Gordon ,because he is right and he goes by policy and by the book. HE reminds me of the way I used to behave for the last 20 years I worked at the state prison- minus the Batman antics of course.:oldwink

Is it safe to assume you weren't being "careful"? ;)

I really like how last night's show moved the Falcone-Fish-Liza storyline forward. This show just keeps getting better as it spends more time on major story arcs and less time on "creepy criminal" or "corrupt city official" of the week episodic stories, though it generally does do a good job of tying those in to the bigger picture.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Is it safe to assume you weren't being "careful"? ;)

I really like how last night's show moved the Falcone-Fish-Liza storyline forward. This show just keeps getting better as it spends more time on major story arcs and less time on "creepy criminal" or "corrupt city official" of the week episodic stories, though it generally does do a good job of tying those in to the bigger picture.
The Falcone story was great, just great.

Gordon's affair with my favorite Ori from SG1 should add some spice to his personal story, although Barbara's character has become just pathetic.

I just watched while at the gym this morning. So good! I love the moral dilemma Jim created for himself. He got what he wanted, but at what price? A good lesson for him to learn.

I do like how the Penguin is developing... He just ate his first "Fish"... I wonder if it will give him acid reflux in the near future?

I'm guessing for at least a few episodes. There must be some other villains to introduce. And it seemed like it had been a long time since we have seen Bruce Wayne.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I agree. They explained his absence well though.

I'm guessing for at least a few episodes. There must be some other villains to introduce. And it seemed like it had been a long time since we have seen Bruce Wayne.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Apparently while not in Gotham, she isn't laying low. :). And I loved the last scene. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts