Gotham

There are lots of things in the DC universe that do not make sense in real life....;)
And I am ok with that. :)

I'm not going to get too worked up about any of this since it's fiction. This is not based on the real world people.
I understand fiction. But allowing anything to go by with the dodge "It's only TV show" or a comic book, or a movie, has never made sense to me. Once you create the fictional universe, things need to make sense within that universe. If they wanted to call him Officer, then simply give him a uniform that doesn't have very large, very visible sergeant's chevrons.

I know it's a little thing. But little things make the difference between a credible and incredible story.

It wasn't Anyway, it is just something that will continue to bug me. If it were only civilians (like the prison director) that used the wrong title, I probably would have let it slide. But fellow police officials used the wrong title as well.

That's it. I just wanted to vent my spleen on that little nit. :)

My Wife says she can't get into the show because it's slow. The first two episodes were that way but it started to pick up as it went along. I like the show as well, I think it's getting better as it goes along.

My Wife says she can't get into the show because it's slow. The first two episodes were that way but it started to pick up as it went along. I like the show as well, I think it's getting better as it goes along.

She thought it was slow? I can't remember there ever being a time watching this show that I thought to myself that it was slow. It's probably because I get so engaged in the show and interested in everything that's going on though.

Just got to watch it tonight and I swear I only heard him called "officer"twice,once by his former partner (chops busting ?) and once by the lunatic at the end.I also heard detective,Jim and I think I heard a sergeant in there too,but I wouldn't swear to it.:biggrin

Because of this thread, I was hyper-sensitive to the use of the word officer. Heard it twice, maybe three times. Did not hear sergeant, think I heard detective. :)

A decent episode. The Barbara being given the wrong idea by Ivy phone call doesn't seem to advance the story much. I hope just one more episode in Arkham and put Jim back on the streets where he belongs.

Because of this thread, I was hyper-sensitive to the use of the word officer. Heard it twice, maybe three times. Did not hear sergeant, think I heard detective. :)

A decent episode. The Barbara being given the wrong idea by Ivy phone call doesn't seem to advance the story much. I hope just one more episode in Arkham and put Jim back on the streets where he belongs.

They are probably going to finish out this first season at Arkham and when it ends in Feb or March, maybe April then he'll probably go back to the streets when season 2 starts in the fall. It's definitely one of my favorite shows on TV.

There are a lot of villains that come out of Arkham, they could spend some time here letting us see some of the early origins.

There are a lot of villains that come out of Arkham, they could spend some time here letting us see some of the early origins.

The down side of that is you minimize the interactions with his partner, and with Bruce and Alfred. Maybe that will happen, but I am hoping it will not. We'll see.

The down side of that is you minimize the interactions with his partner, and with Bruce and Alfred. Maybe that will happen, but I am hoping it will not. We'll see.

That was another thing that bothered me about the episode. It almost seemed like he lived there and never got off duty...

Invaders are back

Watchmen | Official Tease | HBO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts