Grand Rapids HD Mystery

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcanderson45

Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
I recently "moved" my service address to my lake cottage in Michigan for the summer so I could get the Grand Rapids ( GR ) local channels. When I returned to my home in Indiana, I receive the GR SD channels but not the HD channels. The GR HD channels are on 61.5 and I have signal strength on the transponder ( 15 ) but I get an error message when I select any of the GR HD channels. My receiver is a Vip622 ( with the HD programing package ) and I would expect I could receive the GR HD channels as well as SD ( which I am ). My Indiana location is pointing to 110,119 and a wing dish pointing at 61.5. Any thoughts why I can't receive the GR HD channels in Indiana?

I recently "moved" my service address to my lake cottage in Michigan for the summer so I could get the Grand Rapids ( GR ) local channels. When I returned to my home in Indiana, I receive the GR SD channels but not the HD channels. The GR HD channels are on 61.5 and I have signal strength on the transponder ( 15 ) but I get an error message when I select any of the GR HD channels. My receiver is a Vip622 ( with the HD programing package ) and I would expect I could receive the GR HD channels as well as SD ( which I am ). My Indiana location is pointing to 110,119 and a wing dish pointing at 61.5. Any thoughts why I can't receive the GR HD channels in Indiana?

I would guess you are out of the footprint of the spotbeam. The GR HD locals are on spotbeam 10?? on 61.5. Look here: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/rldbs1.gif
You can see that this spotbeam doesn't extend too far down into Indiana.

I would guess you are out of the footprint of the spotbeam. The GR HD locals are on spotbeam 10?? on 61.5. Look here: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/rldbs1.gif
You can see that this spotbeam doesn't extend too far down into Indiana.

I get the Grand Rapids Locals from Dish and South bend locals OTA
The HD channels SHOW as from spot beam on transponder 15
Has to be 10 on that map but to say they reach IN,
I doubt it I'm 10 miles north the border and get
24 on transponder 15 spot Yet transponder 10 shows in the 70's and not a spot And I'm sure the
foot print is not a perfect circle like the map

You say you get signal strength on 15
How much and does it show as a spot beam

I have had the SD Grand Rapids locals and have been anxious to get the HD channels. My HD box doesn't seem to be picking them up. Have they been activated and if so is there something I need to do to receive them?

I have had the SD Grand Rapids locals and have been anxious to get the HD channels. My HD box doesn't seem to be picking them up. Have they been activated and if so is there something I need to do to receive them?

You likely need to have an installer come out and install a second dish pointing at 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts