Great To Have Voom Again But Only 1/2??

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I am really enjoying my HDTV again these days now with both E* and the 10 VOOM channels they added.....BUT.... 1/2 VOOM is not VOOM. The full compliment of 21 channels was a lot better and I find myself wishing for World Sport, Kung FU and World Cinema among others. Be glad when they add the rest.

It's more (actually less) like 1/3rd...missing West Coast HD feeds from HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz...as well as HD channels: Cinemax, Starz, TMC, Universal, and WealthTV. However, the 942 makes up for the missing West Coast HD channels.

Well, the other of the "21" are coming, though we certainly hope we don't have to wait until MPEG-4 (late year, or next year!). Surely, there is room on that satellite for all of them. Maybe, just maybe they could slowly increment them up, adding them along the way, getting there throughout the year.

I seem to recall E* saying all 21 by 2006. Unfortunatly "By 2006" can mean any time up to Dec 31,06 technically without being a lie so who knows. Im making do with Comcast for now but hopeing DTV floors everyone with something good soon as I truly dont want to put up with 3 more dishes on top of my house just so I can get everything from E*

Wally said:
Well, the other of the "21" are coming....
All you guys already signed up for Dish, so what is their incentive to add the rest of the Voom channels? Where will you go if they don't?

We Voomers might have carried more weight if we withheld our business until the full Voom21 were online. Then again, maybe not.

I foresee angry posts a year from now if the Voom21 are not all on Dish... "But Dish promised!"

I will wait on the sidelines for the full Voom21 and a single dish to receive them.

Until then.... iBeVuMin... NOT! Good luck to the rest of you migrated Voomers!

bcope9 I'm not happy that it may take that long, but it's better then D*. I would not be surprised if D* drags its feet until 2007 before we see any real national HDs.

I understand longing for the rest of the voOm21 (believe me...I really miss the other 8 HDCinema10 channels!). But...it's better -- MUCH BETTER -- than when it appeared all the channels would disappear with voOm itself. And I kinda like having a bill that's only $19.99 each month. As far as Dish's incentive for adding the other channels? $$$, what else?

1080iBeVuMin said:
All you guys already signed up for Dish, so what is their incentive to add the rest of the Voom channels? Where will you go if they don't?

We Voomers might have carried more weight if we withheld our business until the full Voom21 were online. Then again, maybe not.

I foresee angry posts a year from now if the Voom21 are not all on Dish... "But Dish promised!"

I will wait on the sidelines for the full Voom21 and a single dish to receive them.

Until then.... iBeVuMin... NOT! Good luck to the rest of you migrated Voomers!
Wahhh! I'm not gonna watch any VOOM! Wahhhh! It's only half! Wahhh! I don't care if they have a DVR and don't need all the channels! Wahhh!

It is really more like a Voom14 that we have. Majestic and GuyTV are now showing 4-6 differant movies a day instead of just 2/day like the old voom. Also they are rotating movies from the other 8 Voom HD theme channels into these two Cinema channels they are carrying. So it is like we are getting half of the Cinema10 during an 8-12Hour period, not 2!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)