Greetings from Team Summit

Yea look where that ended up... The company went into bankruptcy, and the broadcasters won.... Don't piss off the broadcasters they will put you out of business! Take note dish!
No Bob, the company changed hands several times and now is owned by DIRECTV, where do you think MRV came from? my box is still authorized and still downloads guide info... btw you hate DISH what are you doing here?

it's possible it might not be a huge issue for the networks because it's not skipping right away... it's shifted to 1AM so maybe it doesn't affect a significant enough of a broadcaster's revenue to make a big enough issue?

who knows, maybe Dish can even just add a few more pennies per subscriber and life goes on.

dfergie said:
No Bob, the company changed hands several times and now is owned by DIRECTV, where do you think MRV came from? my box is still authorized and still downloads guide info... btw you hate DISH what are you doing here?

Wrong, directv only bought the assets and the patents.... The company itself went out of business! I'm here discussing satellite technology! Isn't that the purpose of here! Who said I hated dish? Show me the post where I said that! Oh, I never did! Another staff member assuming things that are not accurate! You knows when you assume!!!!!!!

Commercials are one reason I got a dvr.

Blame Tivo's and dvr's for more and longer commercials. Now the broadcasters will use the auto hop, and similar features from other providers, as a reason for having even more or longer commercials. Not only will the longer commercials affect Dish subs, it would affect anyone who watches tv.

dangue said:
Bob, don't confuse correlation with causation. The company did not go bankrupt because of the lawsuit. Implying that it did is misleading at best.

Also the Sharing of shows feature also a part of that lawsuit is much more problematic than the commercial auto skipping feature.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The patent lawsuits were another part on why they went out of business, but the lost revenue was a major part of the lawsuite aside from the ability to share programs across the Internet allowing non subs to see programming!

I tell ya what, no matter what Dish does there are going to be complainers. This is the same with any company though. People just like to look for the worst possible scenario.

Wow this is a great feature. I will switch to dish once I am sure AMC is not going away this summer
And
They add an OTA over the air tuner option so I can watch MeTV. MyTv and PBS in HD

Cant wait

Well that was an exciting and SURPRISING night. :)

Even I didn't know about "Auto Hop" :D

Once again SatelliteGuys shows why it is America's #1 Satellite Information Forum! Not even a peep of this at the "other" satellite forum!

I would like to THANK our Supporting Pub Members for making this years coverage of Team Summit possible! Without their support we would not be here this year so THANKS GUY AND GALS for your support! :D

BTW met a lot of SatelliteGuys members tonight! Thanks to everyone who came up and said hello!

If you see me walking around please feel free to say hello!

Idk, I just hope there's more than just Auto Hop... Not trying to be a glass half-empty guy I just can't see how a feature that saves you a few button presses and has the potential to piss content providers off is so great...

Sounds like another thing to go wrong, and more trouble calls that the tech won't be able to fix, like all the rest of the trouble calls we're getting for these...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)