Greetings from Team Summit

Sorry for being quiet been doing a lot of networking and learning some very cool stuff.

Got lots of pics to post. Will post pic later on.

New remote concept. They showed some pretty sweet things it can do. One was tag spots on recorded shows so you can find them easier.

I note the word "concept."

I'll love this. In particular, in WW 1 in Color, season 6, there is a spot where a German POW gets an "unpleasant" letter from home. I lost that when one of my EHDs committed suicide. When they run it again, I want to mark that spot and copy just that segment to DVD. Amongst a hundred other uses.

This is even older than replay TV... I have a JVC VCR from the 90s that has auto commercial skip. It sensed the fade to black and fast forwarded to the next fade to black. It was semi effective (sometimes it would not stop fast forwarding and I would have to stop it).

Yeah but these days that wouldn't fly... 99% of commercials just jump right in there without a fade to black these days...

Sounds like a plan. I'd probably be the only one to use such special functions anyway. So wife & MiL can still be content with a single remote. They HATE the idea of more than one remote.

You guys would love the tag feature. It looked so cool. Kept the tagged events in a seat are folder. When you opened it you could skip right to the tags in the show. So cool.

Scherrman said:
You guys would love the tag feature. It looked so cool. Kept the tagged events in a seat are folder. When you opened it you could skip right to the tags in the show. So cool.

It wasn't just the remote that was cool it was the software that made it shine. Best thing I have seen at the show.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It wasn't just the remote that was cool it was the software that made it shine. Best thing I have seen at the show.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but didn't they say Hopper integration was priority one? Now all of a sudden we're seeing these additional features that are really just secondary add-ons. Hell, they even got BBMP working on the 922 and supposedly the development team was pulled off of the 922 to finish the Hopper. What gives?

dustwin82 has a point. One would have thought that they would have mentioned Hopper integration as at least "on the way" and given a general time (by quarter, at least) when we could expect it. I'm suspicious, as well.

B_Kranski said:
My opinion, we pay for the service, Dish has to pay the carriers for something that is free to everyone else. So screw them broadcasters. If they would produce better shows more people will watch and they will still get people without DVR's. I haven't watched a PTAT commercial or hardly any commercial in a long time anyways. Very rare for me to watch live TV. Maybe sporting events...and when I watch them it is so sickening that they don't keep a live feed of a continuous event (like racing) in a small box during commercials. So Forget them, We pay enough already for content in my opinion.

Who knows? Maybe this will push paidntv back to commercial free like it was originally intended to be back in the good old days.

Instill think integration is priority number one. These were just concepts. We all know what concepts are like. They may never see the light of day. Integration will happen, the remote may not.

Instill think integration is priority number one. These were just concepts. We all know what concepts are like. They may never see the light of day. Integration will happen, the remote may not.

lets hope they bring it all out soon and if you show it they should bring it out after all the bugs are out:)

That they didn't demo integration is a bit troubling. Ditto for the OTA module. They should have a lot of the OTA code from the 922 for the implementation on HJ. Maybe they aren't as far along as they might want people to think. Didn't they tell Scott just before the HJ system was released that all they had to do was polish it up (re integration)?

Well folks I was just taken and shown a demo of an integrated Hopper setup.

It works and I will be posting photos soon.

I also think it will be here sooner then the end of summer...in fact much sooner. I was told a target date but was asked not to post it just in case as they are finishing ironing the bugs out.

I was excited by what I saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)