Greetings from Team Summit

Well folks I was just taken and shown a demo of an integrated Hopper setup.

It works and I will be posting photos soon.

I also think it will be here sooner then the end of summer...in fact much sooner. I was told a target date but was asked not to post it just in case as they are finishing ironing the bugs out.

I was excited by what I saw.

Great news! I am ready to eat crow.

I also think it will be here sooner then the end of summer...in fact much sooner. I was told a target date but was asked not to post it just in case as they are finishing ironing the bugs out.

Awesome! So they told you not to post it, but did they tell you not to PM it???? :D

This is tilting me towards finally upgrading to the hopper... Actually the main hindrance is transferring all my timers over... If there was a way to have a mixed setup for a while I would have done it. But, now it looks like the hopper is getting to be compelling enough to warrant the hassle.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Thanks for the news Scott looking forward to the two hoppers being able to link up!!

Well that sounds much better. The fact that they did a demo means a lot.

How integrated is it? As I'm sure as most of us know, there is currently a drop down on the hoppers in the DVR page that lets you pick which hopper to show. When you select it it says coming soon or something like that. Do you have to pick which hopper to show the recordings from or is it one unified list of recordings? I would take either way right now but I want it to be truly integrated.

I'm hoping to see one unified set of recordings that all hoppers and Joeys can see at all times. I also want all 6 tuners available to any hopper or joey. Say one hopper is recording PTAT and 2 other shows so all 3 tuners are being used but I want to watch a live game. Can one hopper grab a tuner from the other hopper to get live TV? Can a joey use any of the 6 tuners without having to link to a specific hopper? Is their one unified schedule? Meaning if you are trying to record 4 non PTAT shows and schedule them from one hopper is it smart enough to grab a tuner from the other hopper for the recording?

Sorry for the game of 20 questions. I just want to know if they are truly integrated as one system. I hope they aren't essentially still separate with the ability to switch the DVR page from showing one hopper's recordings to the other.

king3pj said:
How integrated is it? As I'm sure as most of us know, there is currently a drop down on the hoppers in the DVR page that lets you pick which hopper to show. When you select it it says coming soon or something like that. Do you have to pick which hopper to show the recordings from or is it one unified list of recordings? I would take either way right now but I want it to be truly integrated.

I'm hoping to see one unified set of recordings that all hoppers and Joeys can see at all times. I also want all 6 tuners available to any hopper or joey. Say one hopper is recording PTAT and 2 other shows so all 3 tuners are being used but I want to watch a live game. Can one hopper grab a tuner from the other hopper to get live TV? Can a joey use any of the 6 tuners without having to link to a specific hopper? Is their one unified schedule? Meaning if you are trying to record 4 non PTAT shows and schedule them from one hopper is it smart enough to grab a tuner from the other hopper for the recording?

Sorry for the game of 20 questions. I just want to know if they are truly integrated as one system. I hope they aren't essentially still separate with the ability to switch the DVR page from showing one hopper's recordings to the other.

Those are all great questions. I'd like to know also.

This to me is a huge disappointment. I went "all in" with the promise of full integration. 6 tuners all seen as one unit. Huge blow.

Agreed. I did the same thing. This is a step in the right direction and I will take it as a hold over as long as they are still planning to give us true integration. I just hope they aren't saying ok we did it and moving on to something else.

king3pj said:
Agreed. I did the same thing. This is a step in the right direction and I will take it as a hold over as long as they are still planning to give us true integration. I just hope they aren't saying ok we did it and moving on to something else.

Right. If this is something to help us out while they work towards full integration I'll take it and run, but if it's the best they can do, it's bad news.

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure full integration is still actively being worked on, and probably not even by the same engineering team as the AutoHop and new remote. The AutoHop feature sounds like a low-hanging fruit that was able to be released easily.

dare2be said:
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure full integration is still actively being worked on, and probably not even by the same engineering team as the AutoHop and new remote. The AutoHop feature sounds like a low-hanging fruit that was able to be released easily.

Hopefully the integration that they demoed for Scott was also low hanging fruit and is just a short term solution to keep us quiet for awhile!

I doubt it. Having the UI seamlessly merge content from 2 physical boxes over the MOCA network so that it acts as one logical unit could be a bigger challenge, especially if they plan on load-balancing the HDD space to prevent one Hopper from filling up much faster than the other.

dare2be said:
I doubt it. Having the UI seamlessly merge content from 2 physical boxes over the MOCA network so that it acts as one logical unit could be a bigger challenge, especially if they plan on load-balancing the HDD space to prevent one Hopper from filling up much faster than the other.

So what your saying is "more broken promises"

Partially bummed myself but hopefully it's a step for full integration, I think being able to access up to 6 live tuners from one Hopper with some of the recent changes with auto hop would put this over the top! (did not want to rhyme)

Which is why I said a 6 tuner hopper with an ota module similar to the 722k /922k would of been the way to go. Then you could had up 5 joeys and in 6 rooms watch tv. The lack of real integration and a real dual tuner ota module will kill the hopper for me. Of course in a couple of years they might just release a true 6 tuner hopper that has ota module and then I might look into it. Till then I'll stay with my 722k and two 211ks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)