Greetings from Team Summit

Speaking of Hopper and Joey's, I'm a technician and have been noticing that the channel logos have no longer been appearing on the guides since the new update. Anyone know anything about that?

jacobryanc said:
Speaking of Hopper and Joey's, I'm a technician and have been noticing that the channel logos have no longer been appearing on the guides since the new update. Anyone know anything about that?

Still in mine, slow download I would guess mine took awhile to download then after install on my one hopper

the auto hop is a great feature, i don't know how can affect the providers when the feature will not be available after 1:00AM for the current day, also, it will not work with news or sporting events either, so, it will only remove the work of you pressing the ff buton manually!!!! the commercials all will be there, just use rewind to watch them

---

Last edited:
Are they able to sue?
They can always sue, whether it goes anywhere is another thing. If there isn't anything in the existing retrans agreement about it, the providers may not have a case.

I'd bet on a new clause being added by the providers to any new retrans agreements, so auto-hop's functionality may be short-lived.

OK, it's only for te PTA programs but does that mean you have to watch them from the PTA folder or will it hop over the commercials in PTA programs that are "saved" to your partition?

I can see broadcasters mandating a no record or no fast forward flag over this. It will certainty be interesting to see what, if any, fallout comes over this feature! Maybe a loss revenue lawsuite. Could a broadcaster like NBC demand that every affiliate be pulled? Or would they just charge dish more to supplement the revenue loss! I only see this going one way! The consumer will end up paying more!

n0qcu said:
OK, it's only for te PTA programs but does that mean you have to watch them from the PTA folder or will it hop over the commercials in PTA programs that are "saved" to your partition?

I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

n0qcu said:

That's exactly the question I have. Because most of the PTA shows that I've saved don't get watched until well after the 8 day period anyway.

Not seeing the makings of a legitimate lawsuit here (unless the contracts currently require commercials not to be skipped- seems unlikely). I can see this complicating retransmission negotiations. But since PTAT is Dish's response to cable on demand and I don't believe on demand has commercials (I could be wrong here), it might not be that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

K9SAT said:
Yea look where that ended up... The company went into bankruptcy, and the broadcasters won.... Don't piss off the broadcasters they will put you out of business! Take note dish!

Bob, don't confuse correlation with causation. The company did not go bankrupt because of the lawsuit. Implying that it did is misleading at best.

Also the Sharing of shows feature also a part of that lawsuit is much more problematic than the commercial auto skipping feature.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)