GREETINGS FROM YOUR MODERATION STAFF:HAVE ANY THOUGHTS AND IDEAS POST HERE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I may be out in the sand box but I am still checking in....Give us some time and we will get things fixed up....

Digital Dan, I want to personally welcome you to the Directv forum as a moderator! I know you will do a good job as I have seen with some of your posts. :)

One suggestion I would have, and I noticed this from the Voom forum and it helped when I had Voom as well, is an stickied FAQ thread for the most commonly asked questions.

I also agree with the seperate sub forums for programming, news, and equipment.

Keep up the good work! I always enjoy coming here.

I'd also like to say congrats on taking on such a "big job" Digital Dan. I haven't been here to long, but its a joy to hunt around.
Silversurfer, my future son-in-law (he's been looking at rings-by his computer trail) just got back in March from the "sand-box". Hope to have ya'll home soon.

Barney ;)

silversurfer01973 said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I may be out in the sand box but I am still checking in....Give us some time and we will get things fixed up....

silversurfer - keep up the good work over there and keep your head low. 13 year Army veteran here saying thanks for all you and the brave men and women are doing for us. You all are the best. :usa

I appreciate the consolidation of threads. I actually subscribe to appropriate threads and get notified when one of them is updated. To me, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing that there are three new threads that cover information that were included in a thread from last week.

I would rather see fewer threads with more posts because, quite honestly, we haven't had so many different questions lately.

Asking the same question but inserting a different town doesn't warrant a new thread, in my opinion. Maybe a different forum each for OTA, Locals via Satellite, HD (non-local), equipment, etc.

The Voom forum, though I no longer encourage anyone to use the product, is a good model for the forum. I would suggest they still consolidate more, but I think they may have a good point.

Ok everyone thanks for all the comments(postive and negative) about the changes that were made last Thursday night.I really don't take offense to negative comments because they only build a stronger person.First I would like to say that all I was trying to do was cut down on the multiple threads that were being created about the same subject.Second I would like to say that TOGETHER we as a group can make this the best DIRECTV FORUM on the INTERNET and that is our goal.It really is nice to be able to go to a forum like SATELLITE GUYS and find what you want without having all of the negative comments that most other forums contain.I also would like everyone to know that if you would post all of your ideas in the GREETING FROM THE MODERATION STAFF THREAD.There, we all can look at it and come up with the best way to design this forum to make it the best.Finally I would like to say that with everyones help we can and will make this the INTERNETS BEST DIRECTV FORUM.................THANKS AGAIN...................DIGITAL~DAN

I'm a new member here, but not a newbie to forums. I'm a member at the TiVo Community and AVS and a couple others.

I have one piece of constructive criticism for you, DIGITAL~DAN. Please put a space after the period in your sentences. It's a bit difficult separating each sentence.

I expect to be lurking and posting here and hope to get a lot of info here.

I love me some Satelliteguys. What I dont like is when Sean Mota Deletes anti-Voom posts and decides on his own to close a thread. :no

IMHO, Posts or threads should only be deleted if they are derogatory or insulting. Not because someone feels they "go nowhere".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)