Ground antenna in attic?

PotRoastMan

Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
MN
I'm installing an HBU33 into my attic. I am re-using a satellite coax cable that has two coax and one ground wire in one piece. At this time I'm just using one coax to send the signal down. In my basement I have a grounding block attached to a wire that is clamped to the water pipe going into the ground. Is this all I need to do? Or, should I also be connecting the ground wire in the attic to the physical antenna somehow? I understand it's probably not even necessary since it is in the attic, but it's there so I thought I might as well hook it up!
Thanks.

The boom of the antenna could be grounded to bleed off stray electric charges (especially where multiple stories are involved). It is required outdoors, but I'm not sure about indoors.

you should be fine with it in the attic and not needed to ground. The grounding block will be fine

so the antenna is working the way you like? ;)

Yes, it's working great! Signal strength meter show almost maximum for the main networks and PBS. Ion is kind of low though, maybe 60's-70's, I might still have to play with it a bit... But it's working very well. I moved it to attic today, nice to have that antenna out of the spare room. :)

Thats normal for Ion because in your case the tower is in the opposite direction of the other stations. The tower is in Big Lake (between the cities and St Cloud) but they are suppose to be moving to the "antenna farm" in Shoreview soon (but we've heard that for a few years now)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)