GTA IV: Its almost time!!!

The only one I was really salivating over was Vice City. In my opinion that was the best one. Best cast of characters and storylines, as well as the best music. San Andreas was just like an overload of stuff. I know it sounds weird, but the experience system wasn't that great in my opinion, and a lot of the other side stuff seemed like it was just thrown in for quantity's sake. Don't get me wrong, SA was a good game. Just to me VC was the best mix of everything. We'll see how this new one is.

I loved all three. Strangely enough, it was Grand Theft Auto 3 that was my reason for purchasing a new system. Honestly, I would say my favorite was Grand Theft Auto 3. I never purchased another game for my Playstation 2 until I purchased Vice City (and then Madden) around two years later. I loved the missions with the mafia and thought the music was great. Still, I love the 80's music and style so Vice City was really up my alley, too. I'm expecting this new one to be something special.

I want to pick it up Monday but ive got class Tuesday morning and since its the last week of classes i think i better go.

I want to pick it up Monday but ive got class Tuesday morning and since its the last week of classes i think i better go.

It will be a bummer right now but in the long run, it will pay off. Unfortunately, my college education hasn't quite "paid off" yet. However, it has made me a better fit with some of the "new projects" around the office. I started off with ridiculously low pay but, over time, have earned about a $2000 raise each year and have negotiated a week and a half off at Christmas for the days leading up to Christmas until the the first workday after January 1 (as part of my staying there and not leaving elsewhere -- for the moment). Anyways, I'll definitely be playing this bad boy all day Tuesday.

I still have to figure out which I'm getting!? PS3 or 360..

Both are going to be great.
If you want the DLC, go with the 360.
Online play will be better on the 360 mainly because of friend invites..

I am going with the PS3, I also have few friends that are going to be playing GTA4 with me on the PS3.

Both are going to be great.
If you want the DLC, go with the 360.
Online play will be better on the 360 mainly because of friend invites..

I am going with the PS3, I also have few friends that are going to be playing GTA4 with me on the PS3.
I hear ya i think i am going PS3 also i mean DLC is going to come to PSN online will get better it has no choice to.

FWIW: As far as performance and appearance, this is from IGN's Review of the Game (to jump to it, believe it is the bottom of page 5):

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

The major thing to me is the DLC so i guess ill just go with the 360. But i kjnow the ps3 will look better and i like the controller better....Ugh :( to many choices.

I'll be playing it on the PS3. I have my PS3 sitting here right now and don't even have a game yet. I essentially purchased it for this game and went back this morning and went ahead and ordered the Madden 2009 Collector's Edition. The employee (Gamestop) said the game would be wonderful on both systems but automatically knew I was just a PS2 owner that had waited to upgrade. According to him, they are having a HUGE number of people come in and purchase the PS3 along with the GTA4 pre-order.

On the GTA4 subject, Morgan and Adam (on G4) played about ten minutes of the game this morning on the air. I'm pretty certain it was from the 360 version of the game (it looked like one of the Halo controllers that she was playing with) and I must admit that I was blown away. Everything seemed to be much more realistic with one exception: The main character can still walk around carrying a gun with nobody freaking out. :rolleyes: Anyways, this will be fun for us all (no matter what version we have). It might be the only game I have until Madden... The GTA series usually occupies my time....

Cade

Yes, im very happy that it is coming out now instead of earlier, I only have 1 week of classes left and then i will be playing this 24-7!!!!

I'll be playing it on the PS3. I have my PS3 sitting here right now and don't even have a game yet. I essentially purchased it for this game and went back this morning and went ahead and ordered the Madden 2009 Collector's Edition. The employee (Gamestop) said the game would be wonderful on both systems but automatically knew I was just a PS2 owner that had waited to upgrade. According to him, they are having a HUGE number of people come in and purchase the PS3 along with the GTA4 pre-order.

On the GTA4 subject, Morgan and Adam (on G4) played about ten minutes of the game this morning on the air. I'm pretty certain it was from the 360 version of the game (it looked like one of the Halo controllers that she was playing with) and I must admit that I was blown away. Everything seemed to be much more realistic with one exception: The main character can still walk around carrying a gun with nobody freaking out. :rolleyes: Anyways, this will be fun for us all (no matter what version we have). It might be the only game I have until Madden... The GTA series usually occupies my time....

Cade

Ya, i was watching one of the live feeds online, and the guy was walking around a diner just blowing people away. Because of the resolution i wasnt able to tell what they were doing before they were being shot, but it almost looked like they were oblivious to his presence until he pulled the trigger... and he just went and would kill the next table, as if they didnt notice their neighbors get killed.

If a shot goes off I want to see stores empty and people trample each other (ie realistic level of fleeing/panic) to get away from the area.

Hope maybe I was just seeing stuff wrong.

wow. I believe the term is... 'not safe for work'

http://www.youtube.com/v/O51l7S7Sx3g&hl=en
Poor guy.. has to keep paying for "Services." Or maybe its the guy playing him. Shame on him! I was feeling bad for myself because I'm stuck at home with chicken pox and a debilitating headache, but now I feel better about myself.

This should be marked with: NSFWUYWFH: Not Safe For Work Unless You Work From Home.

Dammit there's too many good games coming out! The closest date for me to get this will be on my birthday, which isn't until September. I could always buy it myself, but I've been buying too much lately. Between RB, SSBB, and SMW, I'm somewhat reeling. I hope (yeah right) that the multiplayer aspect of CoD 4 isn't that good so I can just send it back to Gamefly and not click on the "Keep It" button. ;-p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts