Guide and menu suddenly very slow

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Anyone else having the same problem? Over the past couple of days, the guide and menu on my box seem to be slow as molasses suddenly.

Is it just me?

Perhaps time to reboot?

It also depends on what you are viewing in the guide, if you hit a Theme like All HD, it is slow since it has to filter out the junk. Try All Programs and see if it speeds up, if not, time to kick it in the Power Button.

I had a simular problem (non responsive remote control). Turns out my RCA remote extender was interfering with the remote. Just something to check out if you have one of those devices, I'ld recommend disconnecting it and see what happens.

-John

I had the same problem and a warm reboot (no unplug) fixed it. I just thought I would add one more strange characteristic. It made the component outputs from the Voom box "stuttery" into my DVD recorder (the DVI output of the Voom box goes to my HDTV). There was no distortion on the DVI output so I didn't notice anything while watching TV until I went to play the recorded movie back and it was very jumpy or stuttery. I also noticed that just looking through the DVD recorder (as the feed was live) produced the same results.
Again, rebooting the Voom box fixed the problem. I just wanted to add this in case anyone is seeing problems on their component outputs only (not DVI) they can try a reboot to see if it fixes the problem.

Polar said:
I agree. A reboot fixed both problems of slow pg and jerky picture.
You got a jerky picture too? I posted about this and didn't get a single response. I've had to reboot 4 times in about the last 14 days due to a jerky picture, it's getting quite irritating, especially since it sometimes occurs overnight during recordings and it ruins them. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts