Guide browsing options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi everyone,

Quick question. Can I browse Dish listings by channel anywhere? Either on the tv, on the computer, or on the ipad. If not, is there a downloadable program guide? Possibly csv format where I could then filter out the duplicates and sort to see what is upcoming.

Right now I go through the the guide on the Hopper and scroll right as far as it goes for each channel but with so many duplicated shows and movies, it takes a lot of time.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looked through Dish Anywhere and also Dish Explorer. Don't see how to choose a channel and see what is upcoming. There is a guide just like on TV. Hope I'm missing something.

I use zap2it for channel specific listings. Click on the channel and you get a nice scrollable list that you can copy and paste into excel for sorting/duplicate removal.

That is one thing I have noticed as missing. On the old Primestar program guide, you could click on a channel and get a scrollable list of programs for just that channel. I really miss that.

Zap2it seems to work just like I had hoped. Pick a channel, copy the list into Excel and then remove dups. I can paste that output into dish explorer and find a non conflicting time.

If I recall, the old Dish app used to let you pick a channel and see a grid with a single box for each show. Clicking the show gave a list of show times to pick from for dvr programming.

TiVo has such a feature and it would be nice if Dish did, as well. One other feature I would love is whst the 922 had: the ability to find achannel by NAME. There are times I know the name of the channel I want, but do not know its channel number and I miss them when I scroll through the guide.

Went to ZAP2it, clicked guide, clicked HBO/HBO2/HBOSig/HBOFam, selected the list as far as it went (12-10), copy/pasted it in Excel, removed duplicates, sorted by name. Only took a couple of minutes. See attachment

Few things I probably would have missed that are now programmed into Hopper.

Attachments

• HBO 11-27 -- 12-10 .txt
    12 KB · Views: 561

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts