Guide browsing options

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi everyone,

Quick question. Can I browse Dish listings by channel anywhere? Either on the tv, on the computer, or on the ipad. If not, is there a downloadable program guide? Possibly csv format where I could then filter out the duplicates and sort to see what is upcoming.

Right now I go through the the guide on the Hopper and scroll right as far as it goes for each channel but with so many duplicated shows and movies, it takes a lot of time.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looked through Dish Anywhere and also Dish Explorer. Don't see how to choose a channel and see what is upcoming. There is a guide just like on TV. Hope I'm missing something.

I use zap2it for channel specific listings. Click on the channel and you get a nice scrollable list that you can copy and paste into excel for sorting/duplicate removal.

That is one thing I have noticed as missing. On the old Primestar program guide, you could click on a channel and get a scrollable list of programs for just that channel. I really miss that.

Zap2it seems to work just like I had hoped. Pick a channel, copy the list into Excel and then remove dups. I can paste that output into dish explorer and find a non conflicting time.

If I recall, the old Dish app used to let you pick a channel and see a grid with a single box for each show. Clicking the show gave a list of show times to pick from for dvr programming.

TiVo has such a feature and it would be nice if Dish did, as well. One other feature I would love is whst the 922 had: the ability to find achannel by NAME. There are times I know the name of the channel I want, but do not know its channel number and I miss them when I scroll through the guide.

Went to ZAP2it, clicked guide, clicked HBO/HBO2/HBOSig/HBOFam, selected the list as far as it went (12-10), copy/pasted it in Excel, removed duplicates, sorted by name. Only took a couple of minutes. See attachment

Few things I probably would have missed that are now programmed into Hopper.

Attachments

• HBO 11-27 -- 12-10 .txt
    12 KB · Views: 561

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)