Guide doesn't fit tv properly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
recently purchased a new tv (Samsung QN90C) and had a wireless joey installed for this.
the programming guide does not fit the screen like my other tv's. It seems too large with part
of the channel icon being cut off. I moved it slightly to the right, and I can't move it any more without cutting off
part of the program information. I think that I have checked all of the settings and they all seem correct.
Any one have any ideas?

recently purchased a new tv (Samsung QN90C) and had a wireless joey installed for this.
the programming guide does not fit the screen like my other tv's. It seems too large with part
of the channel icon being cut off. I moved it slightly to the right, and I can't move it any more without cutting off
part of the program information. I think that I have checked all of the settings and they all seem correct.
Any one have any ideas?
Home\Home\Settings\TV\Adjust Screen - use the skip back/RW button to zoom out til the circles fit. Samsung is 6 times, I believe

Thank you
I will try this as soon as I get home

Is this common knowledge for the average consumer?
I have never heard of this before
Depends. As it has nothing to do with common knowledge but more of the person not performing due diligence and acting competently before asking the question. In the old days, this was called RTFM and currently, if one actually thought about it, it would also save time as all you had to do was goto the site of the product in question which would be dish.com and navigate your way to support:
then "Screen Zoom and Alignment"

and that's only one way to fix it... The other way is the other device in question which would be the Samsung TV.

Google is your friend, search with "samsung tv picture does not fit screen" which means fixing it on the TV itself with this as one of the solutions:

Basically, you would have found the answer faster in less than 1 minute and also try it while you can try the solutions immediately than posting and waiting for someone to read and respond which would take now take not only your time but times of others as well. Then should the solutions not work, you can then ask the question on a forum and hopefully someone will help. This is not personally directed at you so don't take it the wrong way.

Depends. As it has nothing to do with common knowledge but more of the person not performing due diligence and acting competently before asking the question. In the old days, this was called RTFM and currently, if one actually thought about it, it would also save time as all you had to do was goto the site of the product in question which would be dish.com and navigate your way to support:
then "Screen Zoom and Alignment"

and that's only one way to fix it... The other way is the other device in question which would be the Samsung TV.

Google is your friend, search with "samsung tv picture does not fit screen" which means fixing it on the TV itself with this as one of the solutions:

Basically, you would have found the answer faster in less than 1 minute and also try it while you can try the solutions immediately than posting and waiting for someone to read and respond which would take now take not only your time but times of others as well. Then should the solutions not work, you can then ask the question on a forum and hopefully someone will help. This is not personally directed at you so don't take it the wrong way.
Your response was that of a complete jacka--.
I asked a simple question and someone was kind enough to answer.
I do not need or appreciate a lecture from some holier than thou clown
If you did not want to contribute, then don't
It's pretty simple

Your response was that of a complete jacka--.
I asked a simple question and someone was kind enough to answer.
I do not need or appreciate a lecture from some holier than thou clown
If you did not want to contribute, then don't
It's pretty simple
That was why I said don't take it the wrong way as that was not my intention and unless you can see the tone of voice used and it was in "ALL CAPS", please do not make baseless assumptions. Yes, you asked a simple question originally but it's the second question that you asked and I was just saying that was in general and not directed towards you even though I might have chosen the wrong words to use at the time as I am trying to read 2 weeks of posts on the site including this forum and other sites as I do have a 95 year old mother to take care of 24/7/365. Since you already had the answer originally. My deepest apologies if you took it the wrong way, do I need to get on my knees to ask for your forgiveness? And since when was name calling appropriate in a public forum as that is already considered a personal attack which I am sure is in violation of forum rules, see B1 and B3 while at the same time, attempting to start a flame war. This is bad considering you had been on this forum for almost 20 years more or less and should know the rules better which means you should already know that netiquette which is the standards for electronic communications used since atleast the last 40+ years says to forgive the mistakes of others. There may be others in the future who will benefit from the same problem where they will benefit more from my detailed response, have you ever taken that into consideration?

Last edited:
Reactions: bobc469
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts