Guide Dowload Hangs with 622

jfmeier

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Currently have two 622 Receivers coming through a DP44 switch. Recently, have been having problems one one receiver. When DISH does update at 3AM, the unit hangs in the Guide Dowload (330) Screen. It completes about 3/4 of it and then stops. Must do a re-set and switch check. DISH replaced the one 622 doing this, but the new one does the same. Anyone have any thoughts about this. DISH says to plug it directly into the wall and avoid the surge suppressor, but have never had a problem with MONSTER HT850 before. Any suggestions would be welcome.

exactly the same problem. Also have tried 2 different 622's. It is driving me crazy. Please help. I am just about to swap to direct Tv because of this issue.:mad:

yes, i have always used a power strip with no problems. I will try it plugged directly into wall to see if the problem still occurs. The funny thing upon unplugging from the powerstrip i read the red flag on the end of the cable stating " this needs to be plugged into a surge protector". We will see. thanks

yes, i have always used a power strip with no problems. I will try it plugged directly into wall to see if the problem still occurs. The funny thing upon unplugging from the powerstrip i read the red flag on the end of the cable stating " this needs to be plugged into a surge protector". We will see. thanks

Let us know what you discover. I am having trouble too with a DVR plugged into a Monster strip.

same problem-guide hang up

Currently experiencing the same problem...for about a week. I am also wired through a monster surge protector, have been for several years without issue.

This AM when I noticed the hang up, just powered the 622 on and hit select button and all works fine. Apparently this hangup will interfere with all timers until one manually resets or reboots or???. This problem seemed to occur simultaneously with the new software release L4.47.

I wonder if I left the receiver on overnight, would this interfere with the update thereby bypassing the issue or create another problem.

Anyone discovered a solution other than bypassing the surge protector. Thanks

Currently experiencing the same problem...for about a week. I am also wired through a monster surge protector, have been for several years without issue.

This AM when I noticed the hang up, just powered the 622 on and hit select button and all works fine. Apparently this hangup will interfere with all timers until one manually resets or reboots or???. This problem seemed to occur simultaneously with the new software release L4.47.

I wonder if I left the receiver on overnight, would this interfere with the update thereby bypassing the issue or create another problem.

Anyone discovered a solution other than bypassing the surge protector. Thanks

The 722 that I am having trouble with occassionally looses signal, sometimes a window pops up and says there is a switch problem, or sometimes just does its own reboot. This DVR runs hotter than my other DVRs so I may have a heat problem. I have a lap top cooler under it now and the temp is coming down so time will tell. There might be a DPP44 power inserter problem too besides the Monster surger protector and/or heat issues. Check this thread out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...690-best-way-feed-3-dual-tuner-receivers.html

i was using a monster power strip also. The question above about leaving it on all night did not work either. it only happens first thing in the morning.

It hangs up during guide download (error 330) no matter if plugged into powerstrip or wall.
Oh well...... I guess i will proceed with DirecTV. This is too aggravating to deal with. Dish Tech
support is clueless on the issue.

I have been having a similar problem with my 622 in that every night when it does the Program guide updates at 3AM, the receiver loses the satellite signal and I get the "015" error message when I first turn it on each morning. The screen just scrolls thru the various satellites and transponders but never progresses off of zero. I have to do a front panel reset each AM to get the satellite signal back. I have had 4 service techs out to my house, had the 622 replaced with 2 new ones and still the problem exists. I have told *E that it definitely has to do with the Program guide updates since I can have a signal then change the setting for the updates to occur in a few minutes. After the 622 goes thru its update process I once again get the "015" message and the whole process starts again. I even tried to call in during the Tech Forum but was diverted to a CSR who basically said that the problem was noted and hopefully would be fixed with the next software update. I am not holding my breath on that. I guess they don't want anyone with problems live on the air. BTW I have had this problem for almost 2 months.

Guide Hangup stops

Mysteriously for the last 2 days my 622 has returned to normal functioning. I suspect but do not know a software update was both the culprit and the cure. I am not sure why my machine was impacted but it is almost 3 years old so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks
Tom

Mysteriously mine went nuts last night. I think it is somehow related to one of my external drives that I had initialized weeks ago but not used since. I left it copying stuff to the external drive last night and before I went to bed I checked it, noticed it was downloading program guide. When that finished it had a black screen on all channels, and none of the stuff I had told it to transfer had done so. I rebooted the box, it downloaded guide again and then seemed ok.

This morning my wife woke me wondering why the TV said it was downloading the guide. As I staggered into the room to push the front panel button it rebooted on its own. I powered off the external drive and haven't had a chance to check anything else yet but for now it seems to be functioning.

Same problem. It only occurs when I leave it connected to my external hard drive. 3 units, same problem

The other three drives I was using seemed ok.

One Lacie 250, two Samsung 250 (repurposed from dvr625's) in a "Rosewill" enclosure, all work fine. A Maxtor 4R080L0 in the same "Rosewill" enclosure is what caused the craziness.

I have a WD 320 Mybook HD connected to a 622. This setup worked fine until the most recent software upgrade L4.47, then the guide download began hanging at night during routine guide updates. It doesnt seem to do this during the daytime when I force an update. The Dish tech has replaced the LNB and the receiver. It seems this problem is related to something in the software upgrade. Any suggestions from those more knowledgeable?

ExT HD causes my guide hangup

Disconnected my WD 320 External HD Tues night and the guide did not hangup reconnected last night and as expected the guide hungup. Has anyone else experienced this happening with WD drives? This is a new drive. I will try another drive before trashing this one.