Guide Freezing On H3?

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
The Guide on our H3 freezes several times a day. It started somewhere after the U539 Update.

The attached picture shows what it displays when it freezes up, always showing the same channels although I'm usually watching another channel. In the picture taken this morning, I was watching ESPN CH 140 but the Frozen Guide is showing ch 004-00 Thru 99 This same page is displayed when it freezes.
You can't select any channel using the guide only backing out of the guide and manually/direct selecting a channel. I've done multiple resets but always returns. Does not happen with our two 4KJ's.

My frustrating fix is as follows:
Guide>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow up>None>Select>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow Down>HH (What I named My Favorite Channels)>Select

IMG_E3042.JPG

The Guide on our H3 freezes several times a day. It started somewhere after the U539 Update.

The attached picture shows what it displays when it freezes up, always showing the same channels although I'm usually watching another channel. In the picture taken this morning, I was watching ESPN CH 140 but the Frozen Guide is showing ch 004-00 Thru 99 This same page is displayed when it freezes.
You can't select any channel using the guide only backing out of the guide and manually/direct selecting a channel. I've done multiple resets but always returns. Does not happen with our two 4KJ's.

My frustrating fix is as follows:
Guide>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow up>None>Select>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow Down>HH (What I named My Favorite Channels)>Select

View attachment 140267

Good morning, LQQK! Does this happen when you are on the All Subscribed guide list or only on your favorites list (~~>HH<~~)? -- Sam F

LQQK, we'd recommend making sure your Hopper 3 is doing its nightly updates for the guide. Have you experienced any other menus or screens freezing on your Hopper, such as your DVR? In the meantime, we'll make sure to submit feedback that you are having this type of issue to our Engineering Team.

LQQK, we'd recommend making sure your Hopper 3 is doing its nightly updates for the guide. Have you experienced any other menus or screens freezing on your Hopper, such as your DVR? In the meantime, we'll make sure to submit feedback that you are having this type of issue to our Engineering Team.

It's doing the programed 3:00 am updates + usually one or two during the day, also frustrating. DVR seems to be OK.

Sometimes when in Multi-View mode, The arrow direction to go from one panel to the next stops working...I have to press Recall to go from one to the other (Strange). Ultimately have to select PIP and exit then go back to reactivate the arrow control.

Not sure if I explained correctly but the guide will be working as intended then for no reason bringing up the guide whenever it will be the froze version.

When my guide freezes up I found that if I toggle the Larger Text on or off it frees the guide.

When mine freezes up it only shows the very top channels that are in my guide, only a reboot or toggling the Test size allows me to view the guide.

Reactions: LQQK
My H3 has been doing this lately as well. I've noticed it when first turning on the Hopper sometimes. Re-booting fixed it a couple of times but didn't one other. I found that switching the guide from my favorite list to all and then back again seems to fix it.

Reactions: LQQK
It's happening every time I fire up the TV/H3. DISH FIX?

Good morning, LQQK! When the Hopper freezes up, are you able to use the buttons on the receiver itself to get it unfrozen or do you have to restart the whole system to free it up? -- Sam F

Good morning, LQQK! When the Hopper freezes up, are you able to use the buttons on the receiver itself to get it unfrozen or do you have to restart the whole system to free it up? -- Sam F

The H3 works. It's the Guide that locks on the same screen every time as seen in the pic in my 1st post. I have to do the button presses (BELOW) to have the ability to select a chosen program from the guide. I can go directly to a CH if I enter the CH# W/O the guide displayed.

Here is the Button Press Sequence to my workaround:

Reactions: JeffN9
Mine always locks up on the same page of channels. The channels were not being viewed when the Hopper was turned off. I can move up/down or forward in time but only with the six channels. All other functions seem to be ok. The only thing I've found that consistently gets the guide to un-freeze is to change it to all channels and then back again. After doing that it's good till the next day.

Mine always locks up on the same page of channels. The channels were not being viewed when the Hopper was turned off. I can move up/down or forward in time but only with the six channels. All other functions seem to be ok. The only thing I've found that consistently gets the guide to un-freeze is to change it to all channels and then back again. After doing that it's good till the next day.
This is exactly the same problem I'm having...Very Annoying!

This is exactly the same problem I'm having...Very Annoying!

As this is happening on when you are viewing the Guide, we definitely want to get this escalated to our Tech Ops team to look into. The more examples we can provide them with the quicker a resolution may be found. I would recommend chatting in with us here Direct Chat so we can get your account and equipment information added to the report for this issue. -Jasmine D.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As this is happening on when you are viewing the Guide, we definitely want to get this escalated to our Tech Ops team to look into. The more examples we can provide them with the quicker a resolution may be found. I would recommend chatting in with us here Direct Chat so we can get your account and equipment information added to the report for this issue. -Jasmine D.
It also happens randomly thru out the day with the TV/H3 already on.

I tried yer Link...

DISH
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
8am - Midnight ET, 7 days a week

Reactions: charlesrshell
Awesome! We do appreciate you getting that information relayed to our chat team, and hope we're able to get this resolved for you soon.

We have a favorites list of sports channels on our Hopper 3.
Occasionally, the guide will stay "stuck"on the same page of channels.
On the remote, I can move up/down the page channel by channel but the selection stops at the very topmost or lowest listing on the page.
What I DID notice is that this occurs on a page that has multiple sub channels and the list is expanded.
Once I collapse the list, I can once again move through the entire favorites list.

We have a favorites list of sports channels on our Hopper 3.
Occasionally, the guide will stay "stuck"on the same page of channels.
On the remote, I can move up/down the page channel by channel but the selection stops at the very topmost or lowest listing on the page.
What I DID notice is that this occurs on a page that has multiple sub channels and the list is expanded.
Once I collapse the list, I can once again move through the entire favorites list.
This problem has been happening for a couple of years now. You are correct in that it is directly related to the sub-channels.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts