Guide Freezing On H3?

Maybe because I never use multiview, I've never seen this problem

Multi-View is the only reason I haven't completely cut the Cord. I used to feel the H3's 16 recordings & Multi-View were the best features but with so much to watch elsewhere (Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Hulu, etc) we have almost stopped DVRing Dish.

I use Multi-View every morning for ESPN, Bussiness Ch. & Two Local news stations. Then on weekends, it's great for Sports & more Sports.

I have to do the workaround when firing up the H3 then again several times during Multi-View.

Multi-View is the only reason I haven't completely cut the Cord. I used to feel the H3's 16 recordings & Multi-View were the best features but with so much to watch elsewhere (Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Hulu, etc) we have almost stopped DVRing Dish.

I use Multi-View every morning for ESPN, Bussiness Ch. & Two Local news stations. Then on weekends, it's great for Sports & more Sports.

I have to do the workaround when firing up the H3 then again several times during Multi-View.
I guess I just never thought about it, but I'll give it a look and see if mine does the same thing

I found the source of our Guide Freeze-up problem. "Sirus 099-26 SXM26"... I added it to one of our 4K Joeys yesterday so I could listen to Classic Vinyl while doing a repair in one of our bedrooms. When I used the TV last evening the guide was frozen exactly like the H3 always is on initial startup and then several times throughout the day. I removed the Channel from both of the 4KJ & H3 and now it works W/O having to do the frustrating workaround every time!

If anyone would like to verify it on their system I would be very interested to see if it was an isolated problem.

Reactions: TheKrell
I found the source of our Guide Freeze-up problem. "Sirus 099-26 SXM26.

If anyone would like to verify it on their system I would be very interested to see if it was an isolated problem.

I tuned to channel 099-26 SX26 on my Living Room Hopper3. I did not not notice any Guide issues on my Hopper3 or Joey3 receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I tuned to channel 099-26 SX26 on my Living Room Hopper3.

I think LQQK means that the guide freezes on his favorites list when those channels are in that favorites list. I haven't seen mine freezer up either, but I don't have a custom favorites list.

Reactions: LQQK
I think LQQK means that the guide freezes on his favorites list when those channels are in that favorites list. I haven't seen mine freezer up either, but I don't have a custom favorites list.

Yep, Favorites List. It does the freeze-up on start-up when Sirus is included in my Favorites..

Reactions: TheKrell
Started having this problem when turning on my receiver. I bought a 75 inch, going from a 55 inch, so I went to the smaller text on the guide since the bigger screen allowed me to be able to see the smaller text and also more channels on the guide. That meant that the SiriusXM channels were showing at the bottom of my guide and apparently causing the guide to lock up on channels 01-99 (mostly my locals plus Sirius XM). So yes, I discovered if I switched the font back to large text, thus eliminating SiriusXM channels showing up on the guide when booting up, or staying on small text, but removing SiriusXM channels from my favorites, the problem went away. The issue seems to be having SiriusXM channels at the bottom of the guide during start up will cause the guide to lock up. So, you have to either go change the text size or switch from favorites to all subscribed and then back again to fix the problem. The latter fix is just temporary if you don’t make any changes ( change text size or remove SiriusXM from favorites), as the problem will likely show up again next time you boot up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts