Guide Freezing On H3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The problem I explained in my first post with that solution is/was driving us crazy. It happens every time we turn the System on. Then it started happening several times throughout the day with the TV already on...VERY FRUSTRATING!

Found another solution/workaround until Dish solves the problem.

We were using favorites #1 which we created for the channels we only wanted to watch. I took a picture of every page of the guide showing the channels we programmed. Then created a new favorite channels list, #2.
It seems to be working although only one day so far...If we have more problems you can bet I’ll check back in… Now I don’t have to go through all the hoops to get the guide to function properly. FINGERS CROSSED!

The problem I explained in my first post with that solution is/was driving us crazy. It happens every time we turn the System on. Then it started happening several times throughout the day with the TV already on...VERY FRUSTRATING!

Found another solution/workaround until Dish solves the problem.

We were using favorites #1 which we created for the channels we only wanted to watch. I took a picture of every page of the guide showing the channels we programmed. Then created a new favorite channels list, #2.
It seems to be working although only one day so far...If we have more problems you can bet I’ll check back in… Now I don’t have to go through all the hoops to get the guide to function properly. FINGERS CROSSED!

Hey, Dish, I would appreciate it if you would address this issue.

The same problem has returned. My guess, it returned with the daily reset??

Hey, Dish, I would appreciate it if you would address this issue.

The same problem has returned. My guess, it returned with the daily reset??

Good morning, LQQK! This guide freezing issue you are experiencing has been forwarded to our Tech Ops team and they are currently working on a fix. If you are noticing new issues regarding this freezing guide, we would love to dive further into this with you. To access your account, you will need to reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. We have agents ready to assist with any account changes. -- Sam F

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm still having this issue too on occasion. I've noticed that it only seems to occur when I leave my favorites guide on, not with the all channels guide. For me it only happens when I first turn the H3 on in the morning, not during the day.

HEY, DISH Support, Don't tell me again how my problem with your Equipment/Software is being addressed or how I should contact whoever at DISH TV.

I'm keeping up my end of the agreement to provide you with "ON-TIME-PAYMENTS"...It's past time for you to keep up your end of the agreement...I don't want Excuses & Failed-Promises, Just Results.

My Guide has frozen up twice today already on my H3.

It only shows the last 6 or 8 not locked channels or something similar and I cannot scroll beyond them either up or down.

No favorites are defined, I just have the channels I do not watch locked out in the guide settings with a password.

If I go to settings then Guide and change the text size it frees up the guide and all the programs are scrollable again.

This is a work-around but it is still an irritation.

Reactions: LQQK
The Guide on our H3 freezes several times a day. It started somewhere after the U539 Update.

The attached picture shows what it displays when it freezes up, always showing the same channels although I'm usually watching another channel. In the picture taken this morning, I was watching ESPN CH 140 but the Frozen Guide is showing ch 004-00 Thru 99 This same page is displayed when it freezes.
You can't select any channel using the guide only backing out of the guide and manually/direct selecting a channel. I've done multiple resets but always returns. Does not happen with our two 4KJ's.

My frustrating fix is as follows:
Guide>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow up>None>Select>Options>Favorite Channels>Arrow Down>HH (What I named My Favorite Channels)>Select

View attachment 140267

giphy.gif

Have you tried HOME>HOME>Settings>Guide>Larger Text - toggle it on or off. That lets me see all my other channels in the guide whereas before it was stuck on a single list of channels that was "unscrollable".

Have you tried HOME>HOME>Settings>Guide>Larger Text - toggle it on or off. That lets me see all my other channels in the guide whereas before it was stuck on a single list of channels that was "unscrollable".

It's always frozen to the guide page in post #1 when I turn on the H3 or actvate Multi-Screen. My way of getting the guide to work now is:
Guide>Guide>None>Guide>H (My Programmed Favorites List) then it works until I leave Multi-View or at start-up.

Try my steps to see if yers work. At least with mine, it allows me to use my favorites list.

FROM DISH--> "Hi LQQK, I am reaching out to you letting you know that our Tech Ops Team would like to talk to you in regards to an issue you posted about. Here's the link to the thread: Guide Freezing On H3?
Can you please reach out to them via email at care@dish.com? Please include "Sat Guys Tech Issue" in the subject line."

I received two requests from DISH at this site, they requested me to contact them (Again), sent an email with my phone # Thu, Oct 17, 4:05 PM (2 days ago) I'm still waiting for the call!!!

giphy.gif

Mine still does this after a factory reset. Only fix for me is to leave smaller test OFF on the Guide Settings. If I use Smaller Text, which we prefer, the guide locks up until I turn Larger Text on. Frustrating that a bug like this can still be going on since August.

Mine was locked up yesterday afternoon about a hour before the Sunday Night Football game.

I had to flip flop between larger and smaller text several times before it let me see all of the guide.

I don't know why you have to have this big animated gif in all your posts but it has officially gotten old.

At least you could put it in your sig so I can block it.

All my posts, Officially…LOL!

Unsubscribe If you don’t like it…

What’s getting old is Dish TV. They reached out asking me to contact them. I provide my phone number and still they have not contacted me.

The problem lives on and so does my payments.

What’s getting old is Dish TV. They reached out asking me to contact them. I provide my phone number and still they have not contacted me.

You’ve done it four times, with nothing other than the GIF, since Thursday. Some people here, particularly JSheridan, come here to actually help others and not be spammed with useless gifs. You made your point the first time. Continuing with it does nothing but annoy people. I could say to you “unsubscribe if you don’t like it” and I would suggest you aim that at DISH not the good people here.

They probably read some of your wonderful posts and changed their minds.

Congratulations on finding a bug in the software. I hope you don't expect them to drop everything and fix it right now. I'm still waiting for fixes for some bugs that have been there for years. I would suggest that you use a work around or just move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts