Guide Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clint501

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Is it normal to get a message "Your receiver hasn't received a guide update within the last hour. Call customer service (920)." ?

Everything else seems OK and it appears the guide info is OK.:confused:

Well I've gotten this message a few times but usually its when the weather has been bad. Where you experiencing heavy rain/snow during the period when you got the mssg?

No unusual weather - all nice and sunny. I thought it must be because it's a "CE" version.

Humm, not sure then I had a problem yesterday morning but I live in Denver and the weather was unbelievable. We were getting buried in heavy wet snow that knocked out the Sat for several hours.

Leaves are blocking my feed from sat 119 (all other sats have high readings)

I found this on this on the DirecTV forum

Re: error message 920
Apr 4, 2009
trans.gif
this is a response from my field supervisor regarding the 920 problem, hope it helps

Due to the slight increase regarding the “920 Error” OSD emails and phone calls I’ve received, I thought I would provide some information regarding this issue and what techs should look for/do when encountering it.

This hasn’t been reported (to me anyway) as a widespread issue, but perhaps you have, or will encounter it, so here is some background and additional information behind this error.

This OSD was implemented because engineering realized there were techs installing an SL-5 with no LOS for 119° and the customers were continuing to have problems, including random reboots, until the LOS issue was resolved or an SL-3 was installed.

This is not a software problem; It's a hardware (bad network tuner), configuration (setting the IRD to an SL-3 when it's not an SL-3) or signal (119°) issue.

Some techs think if an install is an SL-5 and there is no LOS for 119° they can fix it by setting the HRxx / R22 to an SL-3; that will not work since the ODU is still diplexing signals the same as always.

Techs should troubleshoot as per the “data feed”

Make sure Techs are running the system test. If the install has good 119° signal, but they still get the “920 Error”, run the system test to make sure that the “_DATA FEED”_ passes. CSR’s are supposed to run the system test but may not in some cases, which results with an onsite tech (Service Call).

I am having LOS issues for 119 with my SL-5 and just got the message this morning. What should I do?

Well not sure what I'm doing, hehe. But anyway I went into Sat/Ant and checked Sat/transponders and when I change to 119 a lot show as NA but then around transponder 22 I get readings of 97. I then went into signal strength/meter and set that to 119 and it picks 22 as the transponder and shows both tuners at a pretty stable 97, occasionally a 96 so I'm assuming this isn't a LOS issue for me at least but I do get the occasional 920 problem. Was I checking the right thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts