Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
At times my guide doesnt download properly. I always leave it on G1-3 and never record from 1 to 2 am (download time from Motorola and is checked for automatic downloading) Yesterday morning,was bad,no information on movies and guide only went to 3 PM,(always have it on G1-3 when on guide)and could not get information on guide,only the programs. So I did a forced download,by leaving it on G1-3,turned it off and unpluged it for 20 seconds and then left it alone for 30 minutes. It came back on on worked fine. Since I did no recording last night,it was off and tuned to G1-3 for 24 hours. This morning,there was no information on movies,so I went to guide and hit info,and after about a minute or 2 information was on guide and on movies. At times the guide and information works ok,but also a lot of times I have to wait for it to down load thru guide. I called Motorola and asked them about it and they were having no problems and the lady(who sounded like she would rather being doing something else) said maybe I should do a Master Reset. Have you ever heard of this to fix a guide problem? TDT count is 1706. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Thanks John

many times my guide does the same thing. I will hit the guide button and it pops up and says "guide info is on G1" but I left it parked on G1 overnight. sigh.
recently it has been really bad for me. It will download the guide overview (program titles) but no detailed info. I can let it sit on G1 for an hour and it will not get the details. Signal is strong, signal strength 98 to 99 and ebno of at least 10.5
I know this isn't much help but at least you know you aren't alone ;-)

what has helped me in the past has been: start on G1, then go to the Guide diagnostic screen and do a clear (options 6 0 5, then arrow to screen F. then hit the info button.) then exit out, go back and hit guide.. it will do a fresh download. see if that gets you any further.

HTH

I use G1-167 on recommendation of NPS

It also happens to be an Encore western channel which we have a subscription to and watch as we drift off to sleep every night.
I think it's a little stronger than G1-3.

I did have a guide problem about the same night as you did though. I just moved back to G1-167 and it up dated immediately

Usually the only time I can count on trouble is if I forget to put it into sleep mode, which I normally do at midnight or there abouts

Maybe your dish needs tweaking if this happens often. If signal level is low, tp3 won't have a lock. I have not locked tp3 but still had lock on tp13, which is stronger. I replaced my lnb and troubles went away.

Check your signal level. If its ok and lock on g1-3, then just go to 3 and hit guide.

Signal strength on GI-3 and 167 is 98. Now I guess the reason G1-3 works better than G1-100 is its strength is only 64. Signal has always been lower on the HBO channels,but they get a very good picture. Have a relative new top of the line LNB.

Dobie,using 167 instead of 3 on G1 has made an improvement with my guide and so far have not had to re-hit the guide. This morning It hung up while flipping thru guide(second time its ever done it)and had to disconnect AC to unlock it. As like the first time,it came back on with no guide information,but after about 3 minutes,it was back to normal. The first time (on channel 3),I had to do a reboot to get the guide back. So far have not had to try dunnsepts reset. Thank everyone for info. John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)