Guide Updates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I've had my subscripition since Tuesday, each morning I have had to do a rehit to get the guide to come up. Is there a certain place the dish has to left at overnight to get the updates? Like the old way, G1 T3.

You have to forget the old way of doing things. The HITS guide uses the network stream. Which means it updates slowly and continuously. The 4D used the download method which sent a large amount of data at once. If you want your guide fully active you have to leave your receiver on X4 . If you venture away it receives no data and runs out. You don't need a rehit just leave the IRD on X4 for a few hours and it will start loading data again. If your tier bit is becoming inactive call SRL and complain.

4DTV as we knew it is dead. :(

Speaking about the guide, is anyone getting the correct time in their guide? On all the accounts I have setup so far, the clock in the guide is on GMT time (I.e. fast by 5 hours in EST). I tried rehits and even deactivating and reactivating services but the issue still persists.

I have been off of W5 for a couple days. Went over to W5 starz and Guide has correct time and if loaded. My guide works better than it ever did o. G1. My 995's never seemed to hold the guide data very long. I used to always have to force load the guide.

Speaking about the guide, is anyone getting the correct time in their guide? On all the accounts I have setup so far, the clock in the guide is on GMT time (I.e. fast by 5 hours in EST). I tried rehits and even deactivating and reactivating services but the issue still persists.

My receiver was also on Zulu time until the guide downloaded and then I had the correct time

Thanks TVROPRO.

My clock is accurated, but the guide isn't. I subscribed to ESPN Classic for a month just to see if I did the conversion right. I did, but the guide has shown "1992 Kentucky at Mississippi Sate" in very time slot for the last three days for ESPN C.

My receiver was also on Zulu time until the guide downloaded and then I had the correct time

Even with the guide fully downloaded, I still get GMT time in the guide. Tried everything including a soft reset with the power button which downloads a fresh copy of the guide but no dice. :confused:

For the people getting accurate time in their guide, did you do the 4 or 7 step conversion? Also, what receiver are you using?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)