Guilty until proven innocent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
So I called the local telephone/cable/internet provider to get DSL to my trailer here in Nevada. Right off, the sales lady tried to get me to sign up for the DEEEE-LUXX cable package. Told her NO! Explained I had two satellite dishes and was getting all the channels I needed. She asked who was providing my satellite services. Told her it was Free To Air TV. That didn't go over very well. I tried to explain FTA but she wasn't buying any of it. Was just getting this smirky laughing as I explained. Long story short - turns out they couldn't get DSL internet (or cable TV LoL!) to my location.

Found a much better deal! 2 MBPS upload speed, 1 MBPS download speed with $150 installation fee and then $49.95 a month. Have the option to shut the service off when I'm not here ($7.50 month place holder fee). This outfit installs an antenna and modem at the home. The antenna is aimed up at the mountain where their microwave equipment is installed. Considering there is no way to get cable or a DSL phone line to my location and I'm not here quite a bit, this not a bad option. Can upgrade to 4MBPS/2MBPS or even 10MBPS/2MBPS if I want to! The 'local' installer only works weekends and doesn't live in the area, so this may take awhile to get going. Talked to two people that already have the service and they are VERY happy with it.

I you're in Nevada...
http://www.atomsplash.com/

Seems that is the way it is with a lot of people when I say "FTA". Then they look around guiltily and say hey can you hook me up. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts