H-24, B Band converters

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now, I'm really confused ...

I thought in some applications you WOULD need the BBC's (non swm), now some are saying it's built in, if it's built in, then you would never need them....

We know we don't need them with a SWM set up.

Do we not need them at all now ????

Anyone have anything definate on this ?

this is a quote from tech bulletin from DTV

"BBCs are required on all non-SWiM jobs when an H24 (one BBC) or HR24 (two BBCs) is utilized."

NO!. I have a non-SWM installation and my HR23 does not require BBCs as it has the wide-band tuners. Re-read previous posts.

You are talking about the 23 series, which doesn't need the bbcs. They are talking about the 24 series, which does need them without the SWM.

NO!. I have a non-SWM installation and my HR23 does not require BBCs as it has the wide-band tuners. Re-read previous posts.

You are talking about the 23 series, which doesn't need the bbcs. They are talking about the 24 series, which does need them without the SWM.

The Quote, talks about the H24 series only.

I was referring to the tech bulletin quote about the HR24
"BBCs are required on all non-SWiM jobs when an H24 (one BBC) or HR24 (two BBCs) is utilized."
I incorrectly interpreted the statement as being for all non-SWM installs not just HR24s. The HR24 reference was used as the exception.

OK,
It looks like what was mentioned earlier.
Any newer recvr other than the H23 series Does need the BBC's unless a SWM is involved.

h24/hr24 do not have built in b band converters like the hr23/h23

they are ment for swm installs where band conversters are not needed. h/hr24 have built in deca and nothing more.

you do not need BBC on hr24 SWM or NON SWM.

h24/hr24 do not have built in b band converters like the hr23/h23

they are ment for swm installs where band conversters are not needed. h/hr24 have built in deca and nothing more.

Why is this so hard ?

Any SWM setups do NOT need BBC's
Any H/HR23's Do NOT need BBC's

Anything else, NOT SWM, Needs BBC's

The HR24'sDo NOT have BBC's built in, therefore you still need them without a SWM set up.

you do not need BBC on hr24 SWM or NON SWM.

Wrong. I have an HR24 sitting 10 feet from where I am now, I saw the installer install it. I saw the message that it needed BBCs, I saw the installer go the the truck and get the BBCs, I saw him install the BBCs, and I can see the 2 BBCs through the open-back shelf my HR24 is sitting on. I do not have an SWM and I need 2 BBCs, on 2 coax into the unit.

Why is this so hard ?

The HR24'sDo NOT have BBC's built in, therefore you still need them without a SWM set up.

I don't get it either Jimbo...I don't understand how this thread has gone on as long as it has!

Why is this so hard ?

I don't get it either Jimbo...I don't understand how this thread has gone on as long as it has!

Maybe this info should be written up and placed in the Sticky for this type of info.

It's simple,
H24 & HR24 + SWM Head = No BBCs
H24 & HR24 + Non-SWM Head = BBCs

H23 & HR23 = No BBCs Ever

H21, HR21 & newer + Non-SWM Head = BBCs
H21, HR21 & newer + SWM Head = No BBCs
( Not that I don't think any recievers before the x21 series support SWM - So you're SOL if you have a SWM dish )

the h 20 & hr 20 does swm & need the bbc for non swm ... also i think the r 16 does too

Even easier, the 23 series never needs the b band converter, the others need them if they aren't in a SWiM setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts