H to H slop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
southern ontario
Greetings I was wondering if anyone here would know the procedure to remove excess slop on a H to H mount used on a 8.5 foot RadioShack C band dish?It was running okay at first,but has develop alot of movement now .I only have the video tape provided and a french language manual and both do not show or mention anything about backlash or how to correct it.If anyone could help it would be appreciated.Thanks

Is the slop in the actuator? Or is it play in the knuckle that swivels? There is a few other places you can get movement...I dont think radio shake has sold a C band system in 25 years?...Think they only sold a 9 footer?

I purchased it about 10 years ago from a guy who had it up in his garage for maybe 10 years.It was brand new and was only missing the feedhorn plate.I don't have the dish near me,but my brother who has it said it isn't returning to locations and needs "bumping" east or west to tune satellites in.When I was visiting last,I did notice play in the dish when you grab it at the rim.It would move quite easily back and forth maybe an inch or so.If it is the knuckle,how would you tighten it up?Thanks

Didn't the radio Shack HH use a chain drive somehow? If so check the chain tension, think you can move the drive motor to adjust. But also check all the mounting hardware, something could be loose that could cause a big problem later on... might want to do this first.

A buddy of mine used to manage a Radio Shack store back in the early 90's. They had a couple of these left over, thought that little HH mount was way too small to move that big dish. Wish I had picked them up anyway would have been fine on a 6-8ft, or super awesome on a 1.2m.

Thanks for posting this skink my Unimesh 12 footer has developed lots of slop lately too and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Hope someone can help

The problem was not the worm and wheel gear,but where the dish is bolted to the motor/pole assembly.The bolts going through had become loose.Thanks for the help everyone.Where is the slop Vintagesports,in the actual gears?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts