H10 East Coast Firmware Upgrade??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Plywodstatebum said:
so we have to call if we lost the HD channels?

Just go to Repeat Satellite Setup. That should take care of it. Just remember also to check all your settings. If you still are missing something like SD locals then call D.

I'm showing a scheduled upgrade at 8/10 3:59AM on my H10. I will reconnect my HDMI cable and see if the blackouts still occur. Wonder if the upgrade fixed the Favorites problem? :hatsoff:

Will this upgrade fix dark pictures and ghosting/IQ problems? On my second box and this one is ad bad as the first.

also... do you have to be on a phone line to get the upgrade or is it pushed down via sattelite?

I never had ghosting or a dark picture, just really bad SD quality overall. The upgrade, in addition to fixing the favorites, HDMI, guide speed, etc. seemed to really clean up the picture quality (ALOT, it is now watchable, whereas before it was on the verge of not).

Also, HD broadcast are brighter/cleaner on HDMI.

My wifes uncle called me last night and asked if I could look at his H10, I knew about the upgrade so I knew thats what the call was about. I get there and its just like everyone said.
110/119 sats not enabled, half the channels in the channels list were unchecked, the resolution was reset.
I did the autodetection and got all the sats, 101/110/119/72.5 back active.
added all the channels back in and reset the resolution. and everything was fine.
I did notice now that 95w is showing in the autodetect screens.
Also when detecting the sats it has the voltage13v/18v listed, and when it got to the 72.5 sat it said FLEX.
The fonts in the menus and the channel banners and crisper and easier to read and the logos look to have better detail and a few more shades of colors.
Also updated logos (new STARZ! and ENCORE logos) among others.
I like the new update.
I guess this is what the new HD DVRs will look like.

Upgrade finaly complete - but channel guide messed up

I finally completed the upgrade. It required a full reset of the box to go back to factory default settings to get the all channels back. My favorite list was all messed up too.

I found now though, that the HDTV menu in the main guide is still bugy. HDN is not showing up in the menu for instance.
I called Directv, and they replicated the problem there and will register a report on it.

I have never had this many problems with a satellite box as I have had since switching to DirecTV. HDMI problems, the box reseting when I get an incomming phone call etc. etc.
Do they test the software at all before releasing it?

Best Regards
Jan Petersen

jpeterse said:

My guess is not very well. That box should have NEVER been released with the favorites and HDMI issue at all. Problems so easy to find, they had to have made the conscience decision to release that way if they had even make a cursory glance at the interface. That in my mind is indefensable.

jpeterse said:

I guess they don't do any beta testing of their upgrades or I am sure they would have caught the fact that it changed all the settings on everyones receivers. Glad I wasn't a D* employee working in their Tech Support desk yesterday.
:strike:

I was away for a week and my H10 lost its local channels. Thanks to all in this thread for having me setup the receiver again. That worked!

i received the update this morning at 4:07 everything seems ok now but i did have to disconnect hdmi and do a complete set-up of everything,rescan all channels set resolution,also you will have to reset your dish from round to 3 lnb.so far no issues.

I like the new feature with this software upgrade. Now when I turn on my Sammy LCD tv, the H10 turns on automatically! I turn off my H10 every night seperately but now only one step to turn on! :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts