H10 East Coast Firmware Upgrade??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Is the East Coast gonna start getting the upgrade tonight??? Been waiting on it and still nothing.. Anyone know!!

Wish I knew! I keep hearing it fixes the HDMI blackout issue and the favorites issue, which are two really annoying bugs (bugs that it shouldn't have been shipped with).

I'm still waiting patiently, though.

me too.. driving me nutz.. i read on avs that it would start on Aug. 9th for east coast.. don't know how much truth to it though

H10 Upgrade

I got the upgrade last night and lost my HD & local channels. I reset the receiver and did the satellite setup again and got my HD back but still no locals. I know others have had this problem too. Can anybody relate what D* tech support told you to do to get your locals back? Thanks.

Mine upgraded at 4:06 this morning and all settings and OTA stayed intact. Maybe they knew I was so fed up with DerrTV any straw could be breaking my camel's back.

Mine upgraded at 3:38AM ... Sounds like everone had slightly different experiences.

I DIDN'T lose locals, though my local favorites were all skewed (channels added and dropped randomly). I did lose HD channels. How, the funnier issue was the right 3/4 of the screen was "smeared" no matter the channel or menu.

Unplugging and plugging back in fixed that issue. I then redid sat setup, fixed favorites, fixed 16x9, and checked evrything else. All seemed good. Didn't see any flickers in the hour I was watching this morning after finishing.

I got the upgrade during the night also. But I had to do the setup back to the 3 lnb dish, as it got changed back to a single lnb dish. Then I got my HD channels back. But I lost the locals (via Satellite) but have the locals, via OTA antenna. They are not in the guide and when I try to punch them in by number, I get a message they are not available.

Anyone else loose their satellite locals? I also have an HTL-HD receiver, hooked to the same antenna, and they are still on it.

lou_do said:
I got the upgrade during the night also. But I had to do the setup back to the 3 lnb dish, as it got changed back to a single lnb dish. Then I got my HD channels back. But I lost the locals (via Satellite) but have the locals, via OTA antenna. They are not in the guide and when I try to punch them in by number, I get a message they are not available.

Anyone else loose their satellite locals? I also have an HTL-HD receiver, hooked to the same antenna, and they are still on it.

Do a complete Repeate Satellitte Setup. That should bring your locals back.

I am curious to know if the HDMI bug has been fixed with the latest update? Where I don't get my H10 till 2 more weeks I wonder if D* will continue to keep pushing out the new update to us. I'd hate to miss out on the firmware update by a few days and then have to call them directly to get it.

BTW - What are you guys seeing as the latest revision date on your H10 receivers?

rockaway1836 said:
Do a complete Repeate Satellitte Setup. That should bring your locals back.

I tried this, but it didn't work. I then called D* support and they did a re-hit on the receiver and the locals came back.

I've got the upgrade last night for two of my HD receivers and the whole upgrade resets the satellite dish setup to "round" instead of leaving it at 3 LNBs. It also makes your resolution default to 480i/p. You need to go to the menu screen, press setup, then choose satellite & antenna and go through all the screens to set up the dish back to 3 LNBs. After it is all done get out of the setup and wait about 15 seconds until the signal comes; do not panic it will come in about 15-20 seconds.

additional upgrade issues..

I had all of the other problems listed - lost locals, lost HD's, lost OTA, etc. After an hour on the phone, they seem to have been fixed. One problem that still lingers is on the program guide and info screens. The font and the size of the banner has grown. With the font so big, you can't see full descriptions of the channel, what's coming on, or the info. For example, I'm in Dallas and when I change the channel to WFAA (channel 8) it used to read "WFAA" on the far left side of the banner. Now it reads "WF..." - very annoying. D* didn't have a clue how to fix it. has anyone else had this problem? Everything else is working fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)