H20 Crashing/Rebooting

Status
Please reply by conversation.
proc ,

if you are re-booting by the RED BUTTON, dont waste your time.

unplug the IRD....leave it unplugged for 15 min.

plug it in and let it reboot ON ITS OWN, dont touch it!

see what happens then.

let me know.

the STEELERS are going to win....im not worried at all.
they will make history.

dragon002 said:
proc ,
if you are re-booting by the RED BUTTON, dont waste your time.
unplug the IRD....leave it unplugged for 15 min.
plug it in and let it reboot ON ITS OWN, dont touch it!
see what happens then.
let me know.
the STEELERS are going to win....im not worried at all.
they will make history.

Actually, the H20 is rebooting itself once the channel is changed to 2-1. I don't have to do anything but sit in amazement in the chair as it continues to do it in a continuous loop. I'm not manually rebooting with the unplug or red button method at all.

The old receiver I had, the SD ones, I'd unplug 'em and let them sit and replug them back it. I had no problems at all with the SD content other than an old Hughes recevier going bad, but since my HD upgrade in July (first HD10 and now HD20, still Triple LNB dish, however), I've had nothing but issues.

Last edited:
hdtvtechno said:
Maybe not strong enough signal from the channel OTA, causing it to reboot ?

The signal from Fox 2-1 is usually quite strong on the H20, with readings around 90%.

The mystery continues...

Tried it first thing this morning around 8:30 a.m. and the receiver kept rebooting on OTA 2-1. I just checked it this afternoon at 1:20p.m. and it's working fine.

Marv said:
Tried it first thing this morning around 8:30 a.m. and the receiver kept rebooting on OTA 2-1. I just checked it this afternoon at 1:20p.m. and it's working fine.

Rebooted again for me this morning on OTA 2-1...Marv...u too?

Proc said:
Rebooted again for me this morning on OTA 2-1...Marv...u too?

Did you get the latest software upgrade to 0F03? When I did,
it stopped with the rebooting. Maybe that is your problem.

Chip

Just tried it now and it's rebooting. It's hard to get a handle on what makes it start the rebooting process on Fox 2-1.

Yesterday evening, 2-1 was fine, so I went up a few channels to 7-3, and then came right back to 2-1. It started rebooting!

I have the latest software download 0F03. It downloaded back in December on my original H20 receiver. It automatically downloaded again this past week after I activated the replacement receiver D* sent.

Marv said:
Just tried it now and it's rebooting. It's hard to get a handle on what makes it start the rebooting process on Fox 2-1.
Yesterday evening, 2-1 was fine, so I went up a few channels to 7-3, and then came right back to 2-1. It started rebooting!
I have the latest software download 0F03. It downloaded back in December on my original H20 receiver. It automatically downloaded again this past week after I activated the replacement receiver D* sent.

I have the latest software update as well. This is unreal.

Still rebooting here over in Bethlehem, PA. Only on the OTA HD channels that D* offers. Sh*t is driving me up a friggin wall.

edit at 5:16 PM....so last sunday i called dtv to complain about the constant rebooting and they were to ship me a new H20....well today i decided to hook up the old recevier to watch the steelers/denver game on HD.....well what do u know my National Feeds have been shut off.....so they proceed to tell me how they cant give me national feed if i qualify for local broadcast.....then check on the status of my order..............(waiting period on hold for 15 minutes)..........sir we are sorry we can not track that order and will have to place a new order which u will receive in aprox 3 business days.....sorry bastids couldnt even Overnight the box for my troubles.....sorry sir we are already shipping with a 2 day rush..... LOL what a joke....im to the point where i cant believe i switched from Dish....

Last edited:
Still rebooting when I try to go to Fox 2-1. So much for the Seattle-Carolina game in HD.

I called Retention today. They were nice enough and again promised to have a superivsor look into this issue and return my call in 48 hours, yet again. Of course, when 48 hours expires (Tuesday the 24th), I will call Retention again. Either give me a reason why I can't watch my local station in HD OTA or else give me something for all the time, trouble and lost football games I've had. Better yet, just make it work.

I watched the Steelers-Broncos game over a friends house on Comcast in HD. It looked great. I am getting so disgusted with all this that I may have to revisit the "dark side". Ugh.

After a ton of researching and some other forums, I have been told the problem with the H20 rebooting upon changing to Fox OTA HD 2-1 here in Motown is that the station (WJBK) has a bad/wrecked PSIP tables making the feed incompatible with certain HD OTA receivers, including the H20. And, from the sounds of it, WJBK has blown off those who suggested this (stating they must have "old" receivers, etc.). Meanwhile, no access to this station.

Unreal.

I have an H10, and sometimes while adjusting my OTA for Atlanta's Fox affiliate, 5-1, my receiver has rebooted. It has happened several times, but not frequently like you guys. It's happened maybe 10 times in about 6 or 7 months. I agree, it's ridiculous......

The saga continues...

Rosenman69...yeah, those of us with this "lucky" problem will see our boxes continually reboot...

The H20 continues to reboot for me when I switch to Detroit's Fox 2-1 HD OTA. D* CSR's on every level are clueless about this and believe me, I've talked to 'em for hours now.

I am still pursuing the PSIP problem that may be originating from the local Fox station that may be causing this problem. However, quite a few people have contacted that station and so far they have not responded. I guess not enough people are using the H20's OTA feature (many in Motown now use the AT9 Dish for their HD locals) for the station to care.

FWIW, D* is crediting me $5 off my HD package for six months, while not solving my problem, is at least something.

This is still driving me crazy though.

Finally got a new H20 today.....not going to install till tomorrow.....Im sick of installing boxes after todays Jobs...lol....will keep an update though

I called the Fox 2 (WJBK) Programming Department at 248-552-5217. The woman told me I wanted to talk to Tom from Engineering. I left a message on his voicemail telling him that a growing number of D* users here in Motown are having problems with their feed (PSIP issue). I suggest any Detroit area folks having problems might want to call him as well.

Hey proc, I tried 2.1....Seems to be working, though a few days ago Fox HD was giving me some problems...For now all seems good

swapped out tonight with the new box.....seems to be doing fine...only 1 reboot and that was due to the software upgrade......also noticed that my HD locals are coming in ALOT better with this new receiver....must say i am happy

satjay said:
Hey proc, I tried 2.1....Seems to be working, though a few days ago Fox HD was giving me some problems...For now all seems good

Satjay...try it again if you get a chance. It was fine for most of the evening when I asked you to try it the first time, but it appears things have changed. Slap it over to 2-1. It rebooted non-stop last night when I tried it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)