H25. If you havent seen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SA Holly Springs GA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
In the woods
How small they are

Attachments

• image-4202491340.png
    image-4202491340.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 569
  • image-2501462589.png
    image-2501462589.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 499
  • image-1181274783.png
    image-1181274783.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 495
No hard drive and no internal power supply, what's left to get hot?

No hard drive and no internal power supply, what's left to get hot?
The built-in DECA hardware is usually good for a few watts.

It is hard to imagine that a unit designed ostensibly to mount to the back of a TV doesn't include an RF antenna or remote.

The built-in DECA hardware is usually good for a few watts.

It is hard to imagine that a unit designed ostensibly to mount to the back of a TV doesn't include an RF antenna or remote.
the newer units don't need an external rf antenna. are you saying these units aren't RF capable?

The thing that always runs the hottest of all things inside of computers, the processor

I was being facetious. The processor is the hottest thing, but by removing the power supply and of course it doesn't have a hard drive, it must run much cooler than an H2x.

Processors can cause a lot of heat especially running Mpeg 4 S2 HD modulation. If the design is anything like many cheap FTA receivers (which I bet it is) there will be problems. Underrated components, small spaces and heat don't mix. Dime a dozen throw aways. Whats Direct want to purchase one of these outright? (whats the profit margin)

I have one of these in my bedroom. I love it, it is fast and it runs very cool, at least in my situation. The power supply does not run hot either. I have it sitting on top of a DVD rack, it has about the footprint of a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper folded in half. I have been very pleased with it so far. It does not have RF built in, you have to pay DirecTV $35.00 for a RF adapter and RF remote control. The IR on it seems to function better than a normal receiver though.

I have one of these in my bedroom. I love it, it is fast and it runs very cool, at least in my situation. The power supply does not run hot either. I have it sitting on top of a DVD rack, it has about the footprint of a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper folded in half. I have been very pleased with it so far. It does not have RF built in, you have to pay DirecTV $35.00 for a RF adapter and RF remote control. The IR on it seems to function better than a normal receiver though.
no better info than when it comes from someone that actually owns one. thank you! i will be getting one of these hehe.....

I think it's for connecting the AM21N ota tuner.

yeah could be. it sure would defeat the purpose of going small if you add that. ever seen what an AM21 looks like inside? the goodies only take a 1/4 of the case. i like the way dish does it by inserting a tuner card into the dvr.

I admit that I don't see the reason for omitting a built-in RF capable remote function with the new box. I wonder if the HR25 (assuming that's coming) will include the internal RF capability. I hope the RF Adapter setup is reliable with the H25.

I have heard that a HR25 is not in the works. I do not know how substantiated that is. I hear that DirecTV is busying themselves working on the HR-34 which will be a true whole home DVR.

I admit that I don't see the reason for omitting a built-in RF capable remote function with the new box. I wonder if the HR25 (assuming that's coming) will include the internal RF capability. I hope the RF Adapter setup is reliable with the H25.

IF there were to be a HR25, it would not be small like the H25 as you would need to add a Hard Drive to it and probably a fan as well.
The H25 looks like it about the size of a External Hard Drive.

I wonder if they would have a HR25 with an EHD ?

I have heard that a HR25 is not in the works. I do not know how substantiated that is. I hear that DirecTV is busying themselves working on the HR-34 which will be a true whole home DVR.

I would love this if i can use it alone and take advantage of all the tuners. But i doubt that will be the case

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)