H25. If you havent seen

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't recall that anyone said that there was anything particularly wrong with the H25. There was simply a "deficiency" that I noted and bobvick confirmed.

The "pissing match", as Iceberg likened it, came when a couple of participants insisted that I must be wrong but the evidence presented indicated that I was right.

The takeaways from this thread:
  • The H25 is out in the wild
  • The H25 uses an external power supply (proprietary 12VDC)
  • The H25 doesn't come with RF remote capability or an RF remote
  • The USB port can be used for remote control

These are all useful things to know if you're considering an H25.

Things that didn't come up in the thread thus far but may be of importance to some:
  • The H25 is SWiM only
  • component video requires a special cable that is not included
  • it lacks an S-Video output
  • no Ethernet jack; networking via DECA only
  • no TOSLINK or coaxial digital audio output; digital audio available only through HDMI
no one said you were wrong on THIS particular subject. all some of us did is give more importance to the input of someone who actually has directv. quit your trolling and move on as already specified.

I don't recall that anyone said that there was anything particularly wrong with the H25. There was simply a "deficiency" that I noted and bobvick confirmed.

The "pissing match", as Iceberg likened it, came when a couple of participants insisted that I must be wrong but the evidence presented indicated that I was right.

The takeaways from this thread:
  • The H25 is out in the wild
  • The H25 uses an external power supply (proprietary 12VDC)
  • The H25 doesn't come with RF remote capability or an RF remote
  • The USB port can be used for remote control

Things that didn't come up in the thread thus far but may be of importance to some:
  • The H25 is SWiM only
  • component video requires a special cable that is not included
  • it lacks an S-Video output
  • no Ethernet jack; networking via DECA only
  • no TOSLINK or coaxial digital audio output; digital audio available only through HDMI

Just a FYI it does offer "coaxial digital audio output". Great PDF on unit here: https://www.perfect-10.tv/webstore/spec-sheets/H25NC.pdf

harshness said:

The takeaways from this thread:The H25 is out in the wild[*]The H25 uses an external power supply (proprietary 12VDC)[*]The H25 doesn't come with RF remote capability or an RF remote[*]The USB port can be used for remote control

Things that didn't come up in the thread thus far but may be of importance to some:The H25 is SWiM only[*]component video requires a special cable that is not included[*]it lacks an S-Video output[*]no Ethernet jack; networking via DECA only[*]no TOSLINK or coaxial digital audio output; digital audio available only through HDMI

No RF YET (coming soon) and special component cable is included.

How can I get one? Can I call D* and ask them to replace my H20 receiver with this one?

john262 said:
How can I get one? Can I call D* and ask them to replace my H20 receiver with this one?

The only way you will be guaranteed to get one is to order one from Solid Signal or some other retailer. It will cost $100 and be leased, and it will also extend your commitment as it is a leased receiver. Also, you will have to have a SWM system for it to work.

Your USB ports may never have been used, but some are indeed using them for theater control systems. If you think back, receivers used to come with serial ports so you could control them with a computer. Now, absent the serial port, you can use a USB to serial adapter and accomplish the same thing.

Also, as mentioned above, the USB port is used for the AM21.

I should have been more precise, When the USB was originally mentioned, my first thought was the old USB that was behind the AC cover... I doubt that one rarely got used for anything, now in recent units they have put them on the back as well and like you said, using them for the AM21's.

The only way you will be guaranteed to get one is to order one from Solid Signal or some other retailer. It will cost $100 and be leased, and it will also extend your commitment as it is a leased receiver. Also, you will have to have a SWM system for it to work.

That seems so unfair to me. Why should I have to go through all that just to get their latest equipment? I pay them a lot of money every month. I deserve better service than that.

I completely agree with you, however, it seems that is the only way to get the specifc hardware that we as customers want. I think it is dumb myself that they just have a "HD Receiver" in their system, and cant guarantee you a H25,or H24, or H20, etc...

I agree

If I call and say "I want a HD receiver to place on the wall by my wall mounted HDTV I'd hope they'd bring a H25...but alas it would probably be a H23

Some more pics of the H25-100 from DBStalk.com

Attachments

• H25-100-1.jpg
    H25-100-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 100
  • H25-100-2.jpg
    H25-100-2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 131
  • H25-100-3.jpg
    H25-100-3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 101
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)