H3 Booting

One of the Dish employees in this forum said plug your Hopper directly into the wall outlet. A surge protector has caused this issue in the past.

You should try trouble shooting it....Unplug the OTA does it reboot still?.....Is cabinet to warm?...Thats a few ideas to start

I have had the same problem with my OTA (dual tuner). Just over the last month. It was fine the first 4 to 5 months that I had it. Mostly seems to happen when I'm playing back a recorded show.
I find it extremely hard to believe a surge protector could cause this. Besides I have always used a surge protector.

Reactions: HipKat
My Hopper 3 has started rebooting while watching ota anyone else have this problem
Yes. Sometimes I'll get signal loss if a delivery truck drives or airplane and/or helicopter flies by the house and the Hopper sometimes freezes and then reboots on its own. This is a recent thing for me

I just hooked up ota and my hopper reboots every couple minutes. I was going to do away with locals maybe not .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yes. Sometimes I'll get signal loss if a delivery truck drives or airplane and/or helicopter flies by the house and the Hopper sometimes freezes and then reboots on its own. This is a recent thing for me
This definitely isn't the viewing experience we want you having with our service. We're not able to collect account information, but, if you will reach out to our Chat department here: Request Rejected they would love to review your equipment to see what may be causing the frequent signal issues.

The reboot happens only on channels were there is low signal. I don’t mind the channel breaking up every once in awhile but the reboot is a pain you are down for several minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts