H3 - HWS Comparison

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
A friend recently upgraded his Dish equipment to (what he thought would be) a Hopper 3. When I checked it for him last Saturday it turns out the installer put in a Hopper with Sling. I never had a HWS so could someone please tell me the differences and would my friend be better off with the H3 he was promised?

Hopper 3 is rarely given for free and most people decline to pay the upgrade charge. It's not up to the tech, they usually just install what's on the work order.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Haven’t we had reports here of folks moving to the H3 at no charge?

If I ever decided to move to the H3, and they expected me to PAY, I think I’d balk too.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

A friend recently upgraded his Dish equipment to (what he thought would be) a Hopper 3. When I checked it for him last Saturday it turns out the installer put in a Hopper with Sling. I never had a HWS so could someone please tell me the differences and would my friend be better off with the H3 he was promised?
I agree with the other posters. A hopper 3 is much better. If your friend ordered a Hopper 3, then that is what he should have. I would call Dish and tell them you ordered a Hopper 3 and you didn't get what you ordered. If they give you problems, tell them you will cancel within your 3 day evaluation period.

On the other hand, if your friend just 'thought' that he was getting a Hopper 3 but didn't really ask or check, then it is not really Dish's fault.

I agree with the other posters. A hopper 3 is much better. If your friend ordered a Hopper 3, then that is what he should have. I would call Dish and tell them you ordered a Hopper 3 and you didn't get what you ordered. If they give you problems, tell them you will cancel within your 3 day evaluation period.

On the other hand, if your friend just 'thought' that he was getting a Hopper 3 but didn't really ask or check, then it is not really Dish's fault.
On my bill they are giving me a discount for my HWS. He'll probably be paying $12.00 more a month for the Hopper 3.

Gee. I really love my little red recording in progress LED.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Every device that comes with one of those little red, green, or blue LEDs needs to have the option to turn the damn things off and NO I shouldn't have to use tape to block the light. My video/network rack looks like a damn Christmas tree with all those blinking lights

Every device that comes with one of those little red, green, or blue LEDs needs to have the option to turn the damn things off and NO I shouldn't have to use tape to block the light. My video/network rack looks like a damn Christmas tree with all those blinking lights
Hopper Roxanne (You Don't Have To Put On The Red Light) --- Coming Soon! ;) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts