H360 on H3 has arrived

There is no data uplink at all possible from any customer class Dish receiver. If the receiver software detects the software version available to download the same or older than that installed, the receiver simply rejects the download.
That's good. And believe it or not, that beats Microsoft Windows Update who is known to automatically install drivers that is older than what is already installed.

That's good. And believe it or not, that beats Microsoft Windows Update who is known to automatically install drivers that is older than what is already installed.
I should clarify that by "no data uplink at all" I was referring to the satellite connection, not to an Internet connection. Obviously an Internet connection is two-way.

I thought originally, it's not really X58 or X60 but more H3YZ as the X would be 3 regardless and Y could be either 4 or 5 with the 4 going to regular users and the 5 going to people who they decide to test because the 5 had the newer video player and basically 4 is the stable and 5 is the test but now, Y is 5 for the stable version and 6 is the test version. I doubt they are identical as we would not know without comparing the MD5 of both versions and without Josh.M or someone else with official information from DISH, no one will know what the real changes are. They should really have people who want to be testers sign up instead of just pushing it randomly as I am sure some people with the test versions do not want to be running test versions and they also probably don't have support because test versions should only be used by those who have technical skills and can accept the problems.

X58 is just X44 with a youtube update to support nfl sunday ticket - X60 is X57 with the same youtube update. Most people will begin swapping from 58 to 60 by end of August if all goes well.

I have a question I have been meaning to ask a long time. I know my Hopper H3 is connected to the Internet as I can use Youtube and DishAnywhere but in the MyDish app itself, it shows my H3 as not connected to the Internet. There used to be a section on mydish.com that also shows the internet connected status but I couldn't find it when I tried. Are other people using MyDish app also showing their Hopper H3's as not connected?I
I had the same issue and talked directly to Dish technical support that remoted into the hopper.
As it turns out, if you have any Joey's that are interconnected via ethernet then whoever gets an IP address first becomes the Internet hub for everyone else.

As the Hopper restarts every nice, my joey's were picking up the IP address and retransmitting to the Hopper and the other Joeys. I thought it would be cooler to eithenet interconnect vs MOCA cable. I reconnected my existing old MOCA cable and unplugged the Joeys ethernet port and restarted everything. As if by magic, the Hopper now is connected to the Internet directly.

I should clarify that by "no data uplink at all" I was referring to the satellite connection, not to an Internet connection. Obviously an Internet connection is two-way.
Yes, and that was what I meant as basically the Hopper has only the satellite connection but no internet connection but since it is supposed to reject anything that is not a newer version. The only other question I have was I remembered recently which can mean up to a few months ago, DISH updated the software on Hopper 3's but then revert to a older version, wouldn't the Hopper 3 if it was satellite only without internet have rejected it in that case but people still have sent back to the
older version as I am sure many had Hopper 3's without internet access.

X58 is just X44 with a youtube update to support nfl sunday ticket - X60 is X57 with the same youtube update. Most people will begin swapping from 58 to 60 by end of August if all goes well.
Interesting, I thought any version newer than the version that started including the new video player would have the new video player as well. I am up to x58 as well since 2 days ago.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had the same issue and talked directly to Dish technical support that remoted into the hopper.
As it turns out, if you have any Joey's that are interconnected via ethernet then whoever gets an IP address first becomes the Internet hub for everyone else.

As the Hopper restarts every nice, my joey's were picking up the IP address and retransmitting to the Hopper and the other Joeys. I thought it would be cooler to eithenet interconnect vs MOCA cable. I reconnected my existing old MOCA cable and unplugged the Joeys ethernet port and restarted everything. As if by magic, the Hopper now is connected to the Internet directly.
In my setup, I only have one piece of DISH equipment which originally was the DISH Hopper 2000 that was replaced and upgraded to a Hopper 3 so there are no Joey's involved or anything else from DISH involved for that matter. What you mentioned is similar to someone having multiple routers connected to a modem for internet, the first one who sends out the DHCP request gets the Public IP.

Yes, and that was what I meant as basically the Hopper has only the satellite connection but no internet connection but since it is supposed to reject anything that is not a newer version. The only other question I have was I remembered recently which can mean up to a few months ago, DISH updated the software on Hopper 3's but then revert to a older version, wouldn't the Hopper 3 if it was satellite only without internet have rejected it in that case but people still have sent back to the
older version as I am sure many had Hopper 3's without internet access.
Dish may have sent a temporary software update that allowed the older version to override the standard newer only setup for the purposes of the rollback.

Leased H3 has been on 360 since 8/7. Purchased H3 moved from 344 to 358 on 8/18. Makes no sense to me. There should be some sort of configuration management to keep an account's equipment consistent. This just shows poor management of the Software domain.

Interesting, I thought any version newer than the version that started including the new video player would have the new video player as well. I am up to x58 as well since 2 days ago.
Yea - we had to get the new version of youtube out to support sunday ticket which unfortunately requires an entirely "new" software version

Was HDMI-CEC code changed at all? Trying to track down some weird HDMI-CEC issue that only arose in like late June.

Not to my knowledge, what are you experiencing?
My AVR changing audio inputs to my H3 but not video while using a different device attached to my AVR (PlayStation 5, specifically). Stopped happening when I turned off HDMI-CEC for the H3. But it could be something else in my set-up somewhere doing that. Trying to simplify my setup before I assign blame to anything specifically.

My AVR changing audio inputs to my H3 but not video while using a different device attached to my AVR (PlayStation 5, specifically). Stopped happening when I turned off HDMI-CEC for the H3. But it could be something else in my set-up somewhere doing that. Trying to simplify my setup before I assign blame to anything specifically.

We are investigating audio loss. remote functions failing and other odd behaviors with soundbars - I can add this to the list. Feel free to DM me your receiver number if its connected to the internet and i'll have them pull logs.

Also if you could include how your receiver is connected in to your AVR, brand etc any other details are helpful.

We are investigating audio loss. remote functions failing and other odd behaviors with soundbars - I can add this to the list. Feel free to DM me your receiver number if its connected to the internet and i'll have them pull logs.

Also if you could include how your receiver is connected in to your AVR, brand etc any other details are helpful.
Thanks a bunch Josh. I am going to include the details of my setup in the DM, as my Hopper 3 is connected to the internet and need to DM you anyways about it. Should get that to you within the next 30 min or so.

Both of my Hopper3 receivers received H360 software and my Joey3 received J560 software on August 8th.

But last night August 27th at 3:30 AM I noticed that the power light on my Joey3 was on. I turned on my display and my Joey3 was installing new software. When it finished installing the software I checked and the software version was J560.

Both of my Hopper3 receivers still have H360 software received on August 8th. My question is why did my Joey3 download and reinstall J560 software since it has been operating on J560 software since August 8th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both of my Hopper3 receivers received H360 software and my Joey3 received J560 software on August 8th.

But last night August 27th at 3:30 AM I noticed that the power light on my Joey3 was on. I turned on my display and my Joey3 was installing new software. When it finished installing the software I checked and the software version was J560.

Both of my Hopper3 receivers still have H360 software received on August 8th. My question is why did my Joey3 download and reinstall J560 software since it has been operating on J560 software since August 8th?

Maybe it was downloading new remote software?

My Joey3 did it again. Both of my Hopper3 receivers are on Software version H360 which they both received on 8/9/23. My Joey3 was at J560 which it received on 8/9/23. My Joey3 has updated to J560 for the last two nights on 8/27/23 and again last night 8/28/23 at 3:23 AM.

I am wondering if the issue is that the available Joey3 software is different on my two Hopper3 receivers.

Family Room Hopper3
Software version H360 on 8/9/23
Available Joey3 software is J544
Daily Reset 4 AM

Living Room Hopper3
Software version H360 on 8/9/23
Available Joey3 software is J560
Daily Reset 3 AM

Bedroom Joey3
Software version J560 on 8/28/23 3:23 AM
Currently linked to Living Room Hopper3