Hallmark Movies HD in April?

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
News released today says D* will debut Hallmark Movies HD in April (link), but also says any carrier could pick the channel up for free. My wife will be a lot happier about our decision to switch to E* if they find the capacity to add this channel soon. What are the chances mods? If bandwidth is an issue, I can think of at least 10 channels they could drop and no one would notice (IMHO).

Not sure but AMC, Hallmark, and a few other SD channels have suprisingly stuck around on my HD stand alone package, so that may be an indicator since with nearly every HD channel I get, if available, I also receive it's SD counterpart so it is possible. I asked the customer service this about HD USA, SciFi, and Hallmark channels and they said that they aren't informed until the channels are released which means our guess is as good as theirs!

Not sure but AMC, Hallmark, and a few other SD channels have suprisingly stuck around on my HD stand alone package, so that may be an indicator since with nearly every HD channel I get, if available, I also receive it's SD counterpart so it is possible. I asked the customer service this about HD USA, SciFi, and Hallmark channels and they said that they aren't informed until the channels are released which means our guess is as good as theirs!

Those channels are in free preview right now, that is why you are still getting them. They will be gone when the preview is over.

News released today says D* will debut Hallmark Movies HD in April (link), but also says any carrier could pick the channel up for free. My wife will be a lot happier about our decision to switch to E* if they find the capacity to add this channel soon. What are the chances mods? If bandwidth is an issue, I can think of at least 10 channels they could drop and no one would notice (IMHO).

DIRECTV to Debut Hallmark Movies HD In April

Update:
DIRECTV said today that the Multichannel News article, on which this story was based, was incorrect. The satcaster actually will not carry Hallmark Movie Channel HD at launch. Multichannel News has corrected its story and apologized for the mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)